Got the Nut Hook......

TPA that must of been a tough decision....now you wont have an opportunity to earn a trip to Disney...:goofy::goofy:

I live 40 minutes from there.. have a 7 year old son.. if I don't ever see that frekin place again it'll be too soon

----------

Makes a pretty good case for not filing replacement forms for your own clients. Near zero chance of getting snitched on when there's not another agent involved.

When something like this happens (termed with cause), does one kiss his renewals goodbye? I was wondering, haven't had this happen yet.

Yup.. been writing with them the last 14 months.. don't send them all my business but I have 34k in AP on the books with about 80% of them due to me months 9-12 I'll never see

Bastards

By the way- I tried to talk to the sup at licensing and they didnt even have the balls to talk to me- Rep said they'd call me.. been a week.. nothing

All this over a $41 dollar app...

It is what it is...

I'll continue to follow the guidelines and if that costs me then I'll find a new business to gewt into.. 16 years writing insurance and this is what happens when you try and do right and follow the rules-

Last edited:
I'm 7 months into the business and wrote most of my business as simplified issue with AmAm .. I was with an NAA type outfit ... Didn't know any better at the time ... I recently hooked up with another IMO and planned on re-writing those policies to put the clients in s better situation ... I guess if I do that I'll lose my contract with AmAm, which I'm not all that concerned about, but would this reflect negatively getting appointed with other carriers? I mean don't they ask if you've been terminated by any other carriers?

I'm 7 months into the business and wrote most of my business as simplified issue with AmAm .. I was with an NAA type outfit ... Didn't know any better at the time ... I recently hooked up with another IMO and planned on re-writing those policies to put the clients in s better situation ... I guess if I do that I'll lose my contract with AmAm, which I'm not all that concerned about, but would this reflect negatively getting appointed with other carriers? I mean don't they ask if you've been terminated by any other carriers?

Yes, it would-

I have the majority of the big hitters in my bag now- If I were you- I'd get on with the big hitters- you know who they are.. however, I wouldnt put all your eggs in one basket tho- spread them around

You can thank me later

Yup.. been writing with them the last 14 months.. don't send them all my business but I have 34k in AP on the books with about 80% of them due to me months 9-12 I'll never see

Bastards

By the way- I tried to talk to the sup at licensing and they didnt even have the balls to talk to me- Rep said they'd call me.. been a week.. nothing

All this over a $41 dollar app...

It is what it is...

I'll continue to follow the guidelines and if that costs me then I'll find a new business to gewt into.. 16 years writing insurance and this is what happens when you try and do right and follow the rules-

I feel for you, bro -- this is not good at all.

If it were I, their phone wouldn't stop ringing until I at least got someone in authority to tell me what I did wrong to get terminated. And I would be asking about an appeal process. This really sucks and I hope it works out for you.

I feel for you, bro -- this is not good at all. If it were I, their phone wouldn't stop ringing until I at least got someone in authority to tell me what I did wrong to get terminated. And I would be asking about an appeal process. This really sucks and I hope it works out for you.

Why not call up Newby? He's on there advisory board...but fexcontracting is pimping Settlers BIG TIME, maybe he could help you out.

Maybe it's because they gave them a really big contract...never mind...a marketer trying to make a big spread...nah...that would never happen.

I feel for you, bro -- this is not good at all.

If it were I, their phone wouldn't stop ringing until I at least got someone in authority to tell me what I did wrong to get terminated. And I would be asking about an appeal process. This really sucks and I hope it works out for you.

I'm not touching that business unless a client calls me to change, I don't care to get into anything illegal- I'll just keep writing-

I'm really digging SNL right now- Agent guy is awesome. Tom Overton always calls me back, their support team is real friendly and pickup when you call .. Just a great company- the app is easy, no PHI, takes Direct Xpress..great and I mean great graded rates... you build a lead credit with them too.. best FE company in the business today.. All my business is going through them from here on out....

I'm not touching that business unless a client calls me to change, I don't care to get into anything illegal

There is nothing illegal about putting your clients in a better situation...period. If you were writing 34k in settlers, I'm sure that 33k of that could be put elsewhere for a lot cheaper per month...then you'd also have carriers that respect your business.

----------

I'd get that number to zero as quick as possible. Effin crooks. Good luck.

Amen brotha....they'd lose my entire book

Yup- did everything I was suppose to, followed all the rules, filed replacement etc- Settlers doesn't carry term- was gonna lose the client anyways.. leads cost me money- I've got a family to support- I'm not gonna let my business walk out the door, beside I have an obligation to my clients to assist them. Settlers doesn't carry term insurance, if they did I would have kept him there- It was my lead, my client.. I paid for that lead, not Settlers- I could understand replacing another agents client with Settlers- but this was my client that I wrote a policy for that he didnt want to keep 3 weeks later and wanted a 50k term...

If you got termed for cause I would definitely fight it. It's not just the renewals but you have to disclose that with every company you contract with for the rest of your career. I doubt they termed you for cause though. I doubt your renewals are in any danger.

I'm surprised that they would not stop the termination if you called them and explained the client decided to go term. But I did have a very similar thing happen to me about 10-years ago with a different carrier. And I had put a lot of business with the carrier. Same situation. It was at the customer's insistence and I did everything above board with replacement forms and even called them to explain the reason. Sometimes companies just make bad calls.

Most companies have a very hard line about replacing your own biz. But they should use common sense about it. It's obvious that you didn't replace it proactively because you would make more selling the FE policy than the term.

If you want to PM me I will get you in touch with the right people to appeal your case to if you haven't already. But it would be a long shot at this point because they do read the forum.

There is nothing illegal about putting your clients in a better situation...period. If you were writing 34k in settlers, I'm sure that 33k of that could be put elsewhere for a lot cheaper per month...then you'd also have carriers that respect your business. ---------- Amen brotha....they'd lose my entire book

I agree. There is nothing illegal about saving them money.

Sent from my iPhone using InsForums

Back