• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

GR Offers Short Term Copays

I stand corrected, I'm still thinking of the old commission schedule I didn't notice the change in STM commission.

Wonder if the commission is less on the 60+ on the short term or if that's just major med, anyone know?

Clients have real short and selective memories.

You never told me it doesn't cover any pre-ex from the prior 5 years.

You never told me benefits run out at the end of the term and if I am in claim, new claims will not be paid by my new policy.

I bring this up because I had a lady call a few months ago who was on a GR traditional major med but dropped it last summer to go on a GR STM (without contacting me). She was injured in a car accident a few months later and then called about getting back on the old major med plan since the STM was going to expire in a couple of weeks.

She is still under a docs care and still in claim. Of course GR won't issue a major med until she is released and a new STM won't cover her ongoing claims.

She is screwed.

The new Short Term MedicalSM Copay is now available to consumers seeking temporary health coverage in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and Wisconsin, with additional states expected to follow in the coming months.

UnitedHealthcare's Golden Rule Insurance Company Offers New Choice For Consumers Looking for Flexible Temporary Health Insurance
Sounds nice, I wonder how the price is?

Rates aren't bad. 2500 deductible copay plan on a 64 y/o non smoker is 380$ in my zip code.

Basically 100$ a month for drug coverage and copay before deductible compared to the old Plus plan.

For a 30 y/o male its 100$ a month for 2500 deductible.

Rates aren't bad. 2500 deductible copay plan on a 64 y/o non smoker is 380$ in my zip code.

Basically 100$ a month for drug coverage and copay before deductible compared to the old Plus plan.

For a 30 y/o male its 100$ a month for 2500 deductible.

Thanks, that s looks very competitive, will look into it..

Back