Guaranteed Health Plan

Pulled up their corporate filings - their listed principle place of business is Jack Winebrenner's house - ran a FL DOI seach on him - doesn't seem to be licensed in FL.

I have no issue at all with anyone running a home-based business - I run one as does my sister and brother. However, to run a mini med for uninsurables that's going to require a ton of customer service from home? Not a fat chance in.....

Wow, some of you guys do a hell of a lot of research! When I worked for Mega, we sold a few United American Plans. I only sold one, and went over the entire coverage/limits/exclusions etc., and of course this couple (uninsurable with any real insurance) was happy with it.

It was the worst thing I have ever done, biggest pain in the as$ I have ever had to deal with. Of course big claims came in, and the couple "thought" it was a real insurance plan. Lawyers, letters, waste of my time, stress, etc., it was finally settled.

Here in SC we have a State High Risk Pool, and it is very very expensive. Most clients cannot afford it.

That being said, I will NEVER EVER offer any type of discount plan, period. I dont care how big the commissions are. If a client is uninsurable, and there is nothing else I can do, I refer them to the state pool.

If they cannot afford it, tough luck. Write your congressman. I go on to the next client.

I cant understand the "something is better then nothing" argument. Couple hundred bucks a month, and the best plan has a $6000 surgery limit? And I make money off of this? I cant do it. It reminds me of the Health Choice plans offered by Mega. May god have mercy on my soul for selling some of those.

Why do you guys even bother with these plans? Is it worth it? I like to help people, but I cannot help everyone, and I cannot sell these complete garbage "health" plans.

chp

Listen, guys, guys!! I've got a bunch to do this morning...I'll post answers to all these concerns later today...stay tuned...

BTW, healthagent, AIM is merely an association. Everything is handled through a TPA like m&m said.

Oh, and by the way, healthagent, I called the Maryland DOI THIS MORNING and found out that AMLI did get approved to market "Group Limited Benefit Accident & Sickness Health Insurance" and a "Group Hospital Indemnity Plan" in Maryland. There's a certificate, policy, insert pages AND app on file that is available to the public. She couldn't tell me everything, since it's, 120 or so pages of forms, but it's there. I confirmed that with the TPA and the DOI this morning. Later, I'll check on GA and OH...and FL. I also found out there are actually 10 states where filings have not been approved yet. Those states are: CT, KANSAS, MINN, MONTANA, NEW HAMP, SOUTH DAK, VA, VT, WA, NEW JERSEY.

Everything is handled through a TPA

It was originally a TPA in NY. Still the case?

"Group Limited Benefit Accident & Sickness Health Insurance" and a "Group Hospital Indemnity Plan"

Group, not individual.

As in to an employer?

Would love to see your app and marketing literature. Even group plans have to be filed (if they are fully insured) and approved by the DOI.

I wouldn't expect you to know that.

Somarco, there is indeed no reason to insult my intelligence. After all, it's health insurance - not quantum physics. Everything you're asking about is online at aimhealthplans.com.

Listen, guys, guys!! I've got a bunch to do this morning...I'll post answers to all these concerns later today...stay tuned...

BTW, healthagent, AIM is merely an association. Everything is handled through a TPA like m&m said.

Oh, and by the way, healthagent, I called the Maryland DOI THIS MORNING and found out that AMLI did get approved to market "Group Limited Benefit Accident & Sickness Health Insurance" and a "Group Hospital Indemnity Plan" in Maryland. There's a certificate, policy, insert pages AND app on file that is available to the public. She couldn't tell me everything, since it's, 120 or so pages of forms, but it's there. I confirmed that with the TPA and the DOI this morning. Later, I'll check on GA and OH...and FL. I also found out there are actually 10 states where filings have not been approved yet. Those states are: CT, KANSAS, MINN, MONTANA, NEW HAMP, SOUTH DAK, VA, VT, WA, NEW JERSEY.

Interesting since I forwarded the AIM brochure and my contact at the MD DOI said the brochure was not compliant since it didn't list the underwriting carrier.

Back