Guard Appointment: Is It Worth It?

Some of their rates are good, and people like seeing "Berkshire Hathaway" on their policies.
I have been consistently unhappy with their underwriting, though. I have a $20,000 policy that is getting cancelled because the inspector won't show up to do the inspection, and refuses to return my phone calls. The one time I was able to get the inspector on the phone, he lied and said he "just got the inspection request". I called my underwriter and my underwriter told me the agents and inspectors are like cats and dogs, and he wasn't going to "take sides". What the hell!?!?!?! I am losing one of my larges accounts because the inspector refuses to do his job and my underwriter refuses to do his. That's Guard.

Contact your marketing / sales rep and see if he/she can do something. Ask to change the inspector etc..

Contact your marketing / sales rep and see if he/she can do something. Ask to change the inspector etc..

I know what to do, I appreciate it, but I don't need advice or help on this. I am not bringing this up to ask for help, but to let people know what they are in for with Guard.

I know what to do, I appreciate it, but I don't need advice or help on this. I am not bringing this up to ask for help, but to let people know what they are in for with Guard.

I hear you. Definitely frustrating! I seem to be the odd one out who has no issues with them. Sad to see all the negative responses when I've got nothing but good things to say about them, they're always the first carrier I quote bop/ wc with and then move on if their rate doesn't seem competitive. I wonder if it's a state by state issue or something else.

Last Thursday I got an account declined because they decided to do there own research and underwrite my account based of something they saw on a website they assumed was my clients.

I responded to their declination “memo” Friday and still haven’t got a response. I called and the woman who answered said they would look into it. Of course they don’t have phone numbers we can call to speak with them directly

Back