Have You Gotten Paid on Your "On Exchange" Sales?

I signed up over a hundred people through California's exchange. About 20% were for Medicaid so, no commission there. A few with companies I'm not appointed with, so nothing there. I've gotten a couple of really nice checks from Blue Shield. A decent check from Kaiser. HealthNet, I am appalled at the low commissions there. For some clients I'm getting 2 or 3 cents per month! For each insurer, I called to make sure that my name is attached to my client and that my client is in their system. For the times my name wasn't attached, I called the exchange to have it corrected. Lots of legwork, lot's of time spent. My ROI is, on average, disappointing. And, yes, the insurer's are sending back pay for January & February.

My office did 238 on exch, 141 off exch. 195 were re-writes on my existing block. Wrote about 40 Medi-Cal. Pretty sure I still lost money.
Several hours each day are spent fighting with the carriers because my agent number did not cross over from the exchange.
Every 3rd telephone call is someone pi$$ed off about the provider network.
I never had network issues before ObamaCare.

My office did 238 on exch, 141 off exch. 195 were re-writes on my existing block. Wrote about 40 Medi-Cal. Pretty sure I still lost money.
Several hours each day are spent fighting with the carriers because my agent number did not cross over from the exchange.
Every 3rd telephone call is someone pi$ off about the provider network.

Did you get an adjustment from Anthem on the 3/31 run attributable to January? We just got ours and I can't make heads or tails of it. So many incorrect numbers. I feel like I have to go line by line to make sure each client is paid properly.

Did you get an adjustment from Anthem on the 3/31 run attributable to January? We just got ours and I can't make heads or tails of it. So many incorrect numbers. I feel like I have to go line by line to make sure each client is paid properly.

Anthem over paid me $20,000 one month. Only to suck it back the next.
The Anthem commission statement gives me a head ache!
Anthem told us last year that if a Anthem grandfathered, or, non grandfathered insured changes to an Anthem ACA plan, we would retain the 10% renewal commission.
I'm finding that isn't always the case.
That plus fighting to attach my agent number to policies I wrote is eating up my time.

BCBSGA was always a pain to deal with. Got worse after they were bought by Anthem-Wellpoint.

Aetna wasn't much better. I had to go through my commission run every month to track down money that was MIA.

Fortunately I never wrote much with either. Too time consuming to write the business then spend several hours each month reconciling, calling, sitting on hold just to get paid.

All this was pre-2014.

In order to forget about obamacare I am going turkey hunting. I figure if I kill something I will feel better.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

Frozen or fresh? Free range? No antibiotics?

Are you allowed to carry a gun in the grocery store?

The frozen are definitely easier to shoot but you have to make sure you put your blind in the right place. They don't decoy very good. The woods is my grocery store and these are the original free range. My daughter is going so its more about getting her a bird.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

Every 3rd telephone call is someone pi$ off about the provider network.

DS4 in all seriousness. I had a problem at first with my number not getting attached but that was fixed by mid Dec. I do feel for you guys that had a large book of underage health....I can see where this would drive an agent crazy. My case is different in that I came over from Medicare so all the people I wrote were not previously insured that is all but two. I think the carriers and the providers need to work together a little better or ......well you know... they might get some more legislation there way and none of us want that.

Solid numbers...good job...you will make money for your efforts....eventually....

I was going to grade carriers here, buy my experience matches most others. The commissions are starting to build, some will trail in much later. Yes, very labor intensive just to get paid.
Wrote about 70. Now making sure they make the first payment.

Latest posts

Back