Heads Up For Agents Writing AARP/UHC Med Supps

It is. Although I don't do mailings, stick with telemarketing.
But I still encourage other agents to stay away whenever possible...as least in Missouri.

What about yourself?

Don't have to twist my arm to stay away from Missouri. haha JK

Has anyone else confirmed this. Talked to my area rep and she has not heard this is true

Here is the response I got from United....

"The member must contact AARP customer service line directly… No application is needed while swtiching within modernized plans… You will continue to be the AOR."

Unfortunately this is true (that I have experience with) with uhc and humana. Just recently I had a referral for two spouses about two hour drive. I enrolled then plans were cancelled because they needed to call the toll free number and agree to certain terms. I drove back and called the company and had the clients. Talk to ho and agree (I think they had to agree not to keep their group coverage). Bottom line. The person at the ho re wrote them with his I'd #. I questioned this and was told that I wasn't the AOR. I was so mad I could spit
This seems to be the way of things. As said above stay in contact with your clients. And be sure to watch your back?

Dayum....sorry to hear this (sigh)

"Hassy..The person at the ho re wrote them with his I'd #. I questioned this and was told that I wasn't the AOR. I was so mad I could spit."

This absolutely happens. Never had it happen with anybody else so I was shocked. Fought it with the United Rep and my GA. Customer filed complaint to change back AOR. Didn't happen. Got stiffed. Won't forget.

They ask a myriad of questions, so why not start with this one. "Sir, is it your intention to change your Agent of Record, Mr. Sammie Smith? I ask because I, Joe Telesales will now be your Agent of Record. Is that OK with you?"

Last edited:
my favorite story about UHC is when you sell a chronic MAPD and they are unable to confirm it in 30-60 days, so they send the client an letter saying their coverage is about to be terminated if they dont call UHC. they call, and the telemarketing group signs up my client direct to UHC. well played UHC, well played.

Back