Healthcare Reform and Cold Calls Script

My name is Drew Gammon and I work for Aflac. I love my job and am a trainer here. One of my goals as of late is develop a solid cold call script for my associates regarding Healthcare Reform and how it pertains to our business. I know one of the best ways to perfect something is to open source it and have objective feedback to create something truly useful for everyone. This is the script I've come up with so far. You can obviously manipulate the "Aflac" word to be your own company. ""Hello DM NAME! My name is Drew Gammon and I’m a Professional Benefits Advisor with Aflac. I’m sure you’re in the middle of something and I want to be respectful of your time so I’ll be quick. I have some information for you on Healthcare Reform and how it pertains to your business. I’m not calling to sell anything, simply provide you with an opportunity to get some of your questions answered by an insurance professional and maybe even help you get prepared for the changes being issued nationwide in the coming year. Many employers have told themselves they will get to figuring these changes out eventually. What I’d like to do is set a 10 minute appointment with you to figure out how to approach these new changes and see if we can help. Since you know your schedule over the next few days, what time would work best for you?" Looking forward to seeing how this script evolves. I hope it becomes useful to anyone who utilizes it. The key I wanted to get across is not a sale feeling or a push, but instead of trusted adviser they now have access to and is willing to see them. Drew Gammon Aflac Associate / CIT 425 417 7940 - Washington
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Not sure why, but my post ended up with no paragraph breaks and as a solid block of text. It's not easy to read. Why wont it allow me to edit it either? Hmmm confused.

Last edited:
That sounds pretty good but what about the (over) 75% of the time when you get the Gatekeeper on the line first? What's your secret to get past the GK?

Tough question, but a fair one. My first thought is a little pre-call research to get a name. Not sure how efficient that is though. (Yeah, I'm new)

I think most businesses are eager to hear about how health care reform will affect them and they may give you that 10 minutes of time. Then what? Do you extend it to 45 minutes? Do you schedule a meeting to come back? In 10 minutes, the most you can do is a brief summary of health care reform.

I would omit "I'm not calling to sell you anything". Yes, you are, and both people on the phone know it. Providing value first to earn your way into an account is an excellent approach, but the prospect already knows that AFLAC is not a non-profit organization.

I don't think an Aflac rep would be qualified to discuss health care reform.

I don't think an Aflac rep would be qualified to discuss health care reform.
It depends on the rep. I have an MS in political science and took a course that was mostly devoted to the ACA just before leaving grad school to get into the insurance industry. I'd be VERY comfortable talking to a business owner about the new law.

More to the point, your statement assumes that people only know the acceptable minimum. A good agent in the group health field, I would argue, knows more than the acceptable minimum. I've been in the business a VERY short time, but I've already learned things I didn't know when I got my license. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Good luck with that! LOL

It depends on the rep. I have an MS in political science and took a course that was mostly devoted to the ACA just before leaving grad school to get into the insurance industry. I'd be VERY comfortable talking to a business owner about the new law.

More to the point, your statement assumes that people only know the acceptable minimum. A good agent in the group health field, I would argue, knows more than the acceptable minimum. I've been in the business a VERY short time, but I've already learned things I didn't know when I got my license. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Back