• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Hello again

nylife11023

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
It's been at least a year since I've popped in here. I see a few familiar names but not lot of postings.

All of you work in the financial sector so how do you feel about Bloomberg as president? He has far better biz chops than your beloved White House reprobate? Yeah, too liberal for you. I get it. (Reagan would be too liberal for most of you!)

The people I work with are terrified of both Bernie and Elizabeth but they are certain that the incumbent would easily beat both of them.

I do a lot of traveling, especially in the swing states as that has been a fertile ground for M &A. I hear a lot of dissatisfaction with the president, especially from the farm belt. The dairy people feel they were screwed. The corn people are not happy and west Texas ranchers are pissed. The China trade war has not gone well. I get asked where are all those jobs he was going to bring back? I was told that in all of West Virginia only about 200 coal miners have been hired.

I find that lot of people in OH, MO, IN, IL, PA, FL MI and WI like Biden. No one seems to know why they like him but they do. This is not going to be an easy re-election by the impeached one.

He has his low-info, red-neck, bible-thumping, base, but it will take a lot of more moderate voters this time to for him to win, and I've not seen such good numbers for the incumbent this time around. However, it is early days.

What I hear most often is "I'm good with many of his policies I just want him to stop tweeting and keep his mouth shut."

As for myself and my sector of the industry, it makes little difference if he wins or loses. We all know that no matter who wins, there is going to be a market correction and a recession... and the Fed has rates so low that there isn't much they can do to mitigate it. It's all part of the cycle. You can get a six-figure bonus one year and a four-figure one next year. It's all good.

My retail advisor friends, especially those who are captive with middle-class books of business are scared to death of robo-advising. Clients with $1M+ in investable assets won't go for it, but millennials really like it.

While I'm rather far removed from it these days, I hear the life insurance industry is doing well but that agent comp has not increased much if at all... and in the term market it has dropped. I don't know but that's what I hear.

Well, I've probably angered a bunch of you enough for another year!

Fair winds and following seas.

Back