• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Help with 68 M/s Term Policy

I have a prospect whom is a 68 year old male/ tobacco user, he says he's in great health other than a knee replacement several years ago. He has a quote for a $25,000 term policy at $77 per month, after reviewing the quote, I advised him it was a 5 year term. The Client not willing to spend over $100 per month but wants at least $25k in coverage, if he can find a longer term. Any Ideas would be appreciated?

Why does he want the insurance? If he needs it for final expenses then yeah a term would most likely be a waste unless he is planning on dying during the term. If the policy is to insure against the risk of dying too soon then a term would be appropriate but not necessarily the best option.

As to the question of the difference between auto, homeowners, and life insurance: you never know if ou are going to total your car or if your house will burn down but you can be certain of death. By doing a break even analysis, one can see when the cash value of a policy equals the total premium. With a well designed, blended whole life policy, cash will equal premium around year 10.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll have to look into an appointment with them

----------

Looks there not available in MS

Scratch FBL anyway. They don't have the term and fully underwritten yet. They are the same company but Trinity has more offerings than does FBL.

Also on the term, that wouldn't work for your guy either. Just noticed the age. They stop the term availability at age 60.

Well, you can't win them all. If you can't sell him today then there's always tomorrow. Drop by and see him in 6 months or a year, his attitude may change. In the immortal words of Yogi Berra, "youneverknow..".

Back