Here's the Deal..commission Wise.

Broker22

Expert
They don't know but its going to be little or none in the beginning until they figure out how they will make the numbers. You see Agents are the workers . We do the work and are the least paid. I say STRIKE if they don't pay properly !

They don't know but its going to be little or none in the beginning until they figure out how they will make the numbers. You see Agents are the workers . We do the work and are the least paid. I say STRIKE if they don't pay properly !

no strike needed, we have all decided to just go to our plan b which in my case and many others is medicare.... I don't care what they pay... they pay to low I just flip the marketing switch on medicare, no biggie

I say we unionize, then strike, picket, not work, whine and cry.......... and then we might get the attention of our liberal friends since we now qualify as potential voters.

I agree with the above comments. "From the wise old sages" What I am saying is we should not participate if we are not compensated top loaded. Once Obamacare implemented our role will be limited . Obviously,our role has been changed. However, in this change I believe there is new opportunity. I wish I knew more about the facts. Close to the vest that's the way their going to play it.

Agents aren't employees, they're small business owners. It's obvious that the powers that be don't value what agents bring to the table and have more or less legislated out the existing system. If every health agent in the country quit their work on principle, the system will just move forward. Even if that were to happen, new agents would see the opportunity left by the vacuum and capitalize on it. That's capitalism.

My theory, agents will find other lines of insurance and/or just find a new career.

On a personal note, you may want to pick up the book "Who moved my cheese" off amazon and take an afternoon to read through it.

I hope IFP agents stay far away from the medicare world. We have had years of training and you cant come in and think you know what we know.. better get your e and o.

I wonder where many of us IFP agents got our start in health insurance? I wonder how many of us already know more about Medicare than other supposed Supp sales people on this board and probably sell more Medicare than other supposed Supp sales people every year?

Back