Hi Folks

TheBatman

I'm new here and just following the prompt from Sam to post an introduction. I'm looking forward to learning from all of you.

I'm licensed in Personal Lines, Health and Life, most of it by virtue of my previous employer. In February, I decided to get my Life license and go independent, sight unseen. (I know, I know...) I signed up with an IMO and decided that wasn't the way to go, and began asking for contracts from individual companies (signed with two) only to end up with an IMO that specializes in Medicare, and then added another Life carrier and a long-term care organization to my repertoire.

I bit off way more than I can chew in my admitted naivete, but am beginning to fine-tune my options to have less on my plate. (Though any of you that juggle multiple "projects", advice is welcome).

Again, I look forward to gleaning knowledge from these forums. Wish I'd stumbled on it much sooner.

I'm new here and just following the prompt from Sam to post an introduction. I'm looking forward to learning from all of you.

I'm licensed in Personal Lines, Health and Life, most of it by virtue of my previous employer. In February, I decided to get my Life license and go independent, sight unseen. (I know, I know...) I signed up with an IMO and decided that wasn't the way to go, and began asking for contracts from individual companies (signed with two) only to end up with an IMO that specializes in Medicare, and then added another Life carrier and a long-term care organization to my repertoire.

I bit off way more than I can chew in my admitted naivete, but am beginning to fine-tune my options to have less on my plate. (Though any of you that juggle multiple "projects", advice is welcome).

Again, I look forward to gleaning knowledge from these forums. Wish I'd stumbled on it much sooner.
Hello Batman,

I'm sure you're starting to see just how competitive this industry is. I'm also new to it and am seeing how intense it is starting out. The competition is fierce because there is money here. Anyway welcome to the forum Batman :)

Welcome.

8d35ab0ac75f7422133f526322a4095c.jpg

Last edited:
@Markthebroker is the chair of the forum's DEI committee. If you're not feeling valued or included while you're here, make sure to fill out the complaint form, and Mark will ensure you get the representation you need.

We also have a gender-neutral safe space from all of those meanie life insurance agents over on the P&C board.

@Markthebroker is the chair of the forum's DEI committee. If you're not feeling valued or included while you're here, make sure to fill out the complaint form, and Mark will ensure you get the representation you need.

We also have a gender-neutral safe space from all of those meanie life insurance agents over on the P&C board.

Oh yeah, you betcha. Feel free to fill out the form below.

Attachments

• Hurt Feelings Report.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
I'll get on that. We're very concerned about peoples feewings around here.

And gluten intolerances.

And pronouns.

Very much top priorities.

Mark, did I detect a hint of sarcasm in your post? You're really creating a hostile environment for prospective members of our forum. We need to be welcoming to new members with as little sarcasm and cape-twirling as possible. Also, please don't flip your hair, it's very intimidating.

Back