Hiring Wisdom: Top 10 Ways to Guarantee Your Best People Will Quit

10. Treat everyone equally. This may sound good, but your employees are not equal. Some are worth more because they produce more results. The key is not to treat them equally, it is to treat them all fairly.
Sounds like an old saying of my Dad's about employees; "everyone's equal, but some are more equal than others."

8. Have dumb rules. I did not say have no rules, I said don’t have dumb rules. Great employees want to have guidelines and direction, but they don’t want to have rules that get in the way of doing their jobs or that conflict with the values the company says are important.

Good luck with that... if you have any FINRA registrations.

4. Micromanage. Tell them what you want done and how you want it done. Don’t tell them why it needs to be done and why their job is important. Don’t ask for their input on how it could be done better.

This is pushing me out now. Just because production in the office is down doesn't mean the veteran good agent need to have their hands held and be micromanaged like the rookies or agents in a slump. Manager called me this morning with even more micromanaging ideas. If they only knew they were losing two more good agents within two weeks. That will make three in one month.

Back