• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Hitting 1MM In Business

nyc2phi, on a separate note, do you do any out of state business or does your business all take place in NY.

I'm actually located in PA. NYC is where I started & PHI (Philly) is where I'm at now. I write PA NJ NY and soon MD

Did you guys write any health on the federal marketplace or did you stay away from it? I ask because your area teeters on both the federal as well as some state exchanges?

Did you guys write any health on the federal marketplace or did you stay away from it? I ask because your area teeters on both the federal as well as some state exchanges?

I've never written a health policy of any kind

^How are you getting prospects in such a large geographic area?

I started in NY so I have a decent amount of business in that state. Still get referrals and still prospect commercial in that state.

I'm in Philadelphia so NJ is a stones throw away.

MD I think is a great state for insurance and may look into getting a second location down there one day.

how are you getting a local footprint of coi's in maryland?>

Haven't started that process yet because I'm not licensed there. I'm sure it will be slow getting a customer base but I plan on leading with commercial, it's less referral based for me and more cold marketing which I can from here in Philly

It is very motivating to see success stories like these. I am just shy of the one year mark starting an independent agency from scratch. Things were a little slow in the beginning but just passed the $200K mark with about half of that coming in the last 6 weeks.

Most of my policies are coming from non-standard auto as I have many relationships with car dealers as well as some captive agents that cannot write non-standard.

For some of you veteran indies out there, is $1MM a pretty good benchmark for 2 years in for an independent and only employee?

Back