HO2 Vs HO3 Info

rolox1

Expert
I am looking for a consumer friendly, easy to understand reference that clearly explains how the HO3 is a better policy. Many years ago, there was a company that produced brochures with cartoon-like drawings.....wondering if there is a website where i can find something like that. I was searching online for awhile today but couldn't find anything simple. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

How many clients even ask?

Seriously, this is probably an area you are spending to much time on if you get into explanations of HO-2 and HO-3 policies. Say it simple:

Mr Prospect - do you know what type of claim you will file next? Do you know what will cause the damage? If not, make sure you have a policy that will cover you for all perils, with some named exclusions, rather than a policy that only covers you for named, identified perils.

Don't dwell on it, move along unless they back you up.

No pictures needed.

Dan

We have maybe 20 HO2 policies left. As they come up for renewal I would simply like to enclose an easy to understand explanation along with renewal quote, quoting in on a form 3. That's all.

Agree 1000%. Quote the cadilac policy and don't explain the pinto policy unless they make you. The price difference is negligible and they'll be much happier come claim time.

I don't write HO2 policies. I am just trying to covert the remaining ones to a 3. I want them to understand the benefits of upgrading

You need some real life claim examples. Come on forum, let's get some examples of claims that were covered under and HO3 that wouldn't have been under an HO2.

It certainly would be covered under an HO-3. Carpet is not personal property, it is Cov. A. There is no exclusion on an HO-3 that would exclude that scenario from coverage, unless you did it intentionally.

Back