• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Home Owners in FL. What Companies Write It?

That depends where and not just city zip code. Also what is the average coverage A? The average age of risk? All of those factors will help you determine which carrier is more competitive in what area, especially in South Florida.

Do you write with Tower Hill, I heard it was not so good... Not sure of why though!

I deal with United P&C, Universal P&C, Security First, Federated, and Homeowner's Choice.

Security First was our main go to company, but they tightened up. Universal opened up in the big 4 sinkhole areas (Pasco, Hernando, Hillsborough and Pinellas), but their rates and RCE seem a bit high.

Florida is another state that has a serious home owners insurance problem. BAD BAD BAD...

It depends on your needs, and property details as to who is competitive.

I know for my property in FL - ASI at the time was the only one willing to write them and in my opinion the policy is over priced for what I get.

Good luck getting GOOD coverage for water backup or mold. I guess if your property burns down on the second Tuesday of the month with a full moon they might pay out.

If anyone on the forum writes in FL for short term renters 30-365 days, non vacant properties and thinks they can beat ASI I will gladly let you shop for me. PM me.

If anyone on the forum writes in FL for short term renters 30-365 days, non vacant properties and thinks they can beat ASI I will gladly let you shop for me. PM me.

None of the carriers I work with do, but when I was researching it I came across another carrier that might do short-term rentals.

Olympus Insurance.

Florida is another state that has a serious home owners insurance problem. BAD BAD BAD... It depends on your needs, and property details as to who is competitive. I know for my property in FL - ASI at the time was the only one willing to write them and in my opinion the policy is over priced for what I get. Good luck getting GOOD coverage for water backup or mold. I guess if your property burns down on the second Tuesday of the month with a full moon they might pay out. If anyone on the forum writes in FL for short term renters 30-365 days, non vacant properties and thinks they can beat ASI I will gladly let you shop for me. PM me.

Did you find a carrier that could compete with the short term rental? If not let me know. I write a ton of short term rentals in the Disney area. Olympus, St. John's, Florida family ( am best rated) and American integrity will all write it.

I have ASI if thats what you are suggesting?
I was responding to the last line where you said to pm if you if you think you can beat asi. I think I can beat asi with one of the carriers I mentioned, I just couldn't figure out how to pm you from my iPad.

Back