How Do You Get Them?

pcmatt

I'm now an independent P&C agent and as I'm worked through my circle of influence which is tapering off, I'm debating what the best way to gain more quality leads is. I've read a lot of posts, but I thought I would see if anyone has a specific route which has worked well for them.

I know that I'm asking for the secret sauce recipe, but the lesson everyone on this forum knows through and through is that the worse thing that can happen is for someone to tell you no or not answer their phone!

Do you spend a lot of time on the dialer?

Do you purchase a lot of leads?

Are you going door to door?

Mailers/postcards?

Networking?

Thanks in advance for your experience!

New to the forum, not new to the industry..I've been selling insurance in MN since 1998.. I used an auto dialer when I first started out...since then I have built a team of 3 sales professionals that either do cold calling or work internet based leads. We do purchase a good amount of leads, 150-200 leads/month. I do a ton of networking, not door to door, but networking with local businesses to help work together. Direct mail has worked for me, although you do have to send out a large amount. You want to talk to as many people as possible, create relationships. Let the product sell itself through your personality. That's the best way to gain quality leads, always work your book of business. Think outside of the box and offer your current and potential clients things that an average insurance agent wouldn't.

In response to your questions, for P&C agents I highly recommend Billy Williams with www.inspireAnation.org. He has a great system for P&C agents.

Also for a step by step approach to working internet insurance leads, we have several recorded webinars that we have done with various guest speakers/insurance agents on how to successfully work internet leads that you can request for free from our website at the following link:

Aged Insurance Leads Info Request Form

I work with alot of agents that cross-sell AND generate organic leads rather than purchase new. Less competition if you generate your own and any dialer (as long as it's easy to use) is an inexpensive efficient way to generate new leads. I also believe in never putting all your eggs in one basket so I would have have more than one lead gen method though spent more time on the primary method. Great lists through SalesGenie and ColeXdates though slightly expensive. Once you start getting these leads in (inexpensively with a dialer) you can reinvest in other methods.

I work with alot of agents that cross-sell AND generate organic leads rather than purchase new. Less competition if you generate your own and any dialer (as long as it's easy to use) is an inexpensive efficient way to generate new leads. I also believe in never putting all your eggs in one basket so I would have have more than one lead gen method though spent more time on the primary method. Great lists through SalesGenie and ColeXdates though slightly expensive. Once you start getting these leads in (inexpensively with a dialer) you can reinvest in other methods.

Cory, let's not forget about the more accurate and less expensive lists from affordablemarketinglists.com!

Last edited:
Absolutely Josh... your lists are the top-notch! Definitely call Josh for lists and most importantly... personal service.

Back