How to choose a medicare supplement company

All these companies come out with low rates some come out with mediocre rates. It seems that they all take big increases after so monay years, some 2 years some 5 years. How do you veterans choose or know which company to use. By the way I haven't heard anyone talk about United Commercial Travelers. Are they not competitive anymore?:skeptical:

When you gain experience you'll learn which companies to avoid - generally any from MOO would be a good start.

I can try to teach you but I don't know if you could afford the tuition.

Rick

When you gain experience you'll learn which companies to avoid - generally any from MOO would be a good start. I can try to teach you but I don't know if you could afford the tuition. Rick

The cow goes MOO, what does the fox say?

Talk about an old thread! Kinda funny to see which players are still in the game

Aetna is the new MOO. Both use 3 companies to cycle unsuspecting customers through. Look at the application showing three companies. Every state has Aetna plan withdrawals in 2014 or 2015 to offer on new paper. No different than MOO. Prospects have no clue what they are getting.
It takes a plan about 4 years to be experienced. After that, agent plan loyalty drops off.
MOO, Aetna, Medico....who's next? Physicians Mutual, Physicians Life for 5 years, then Physicians Mutual again.
I certainly think agents selling new plans should explain that the plan they market is new. You can make a living spreadsheeting. No agent is needed if the lowest initial rate is all that matters. Choose what type of agent you want to be.

Aetna is the new MOO. Both use 3 companies to cycle unsuspecting customers through. Look at the application showing three companies. Every state has Aetna plan withdrawals in 2014 or 2015 to offer on new paper. No different than MOO. Prospects have no clue what they are getting.
It takes a plan about 4 years to be experienced. After that, agent plan loyalty drops off.
MOO, Aetna, Medico....who's next? Physicians Mutual, Physicians Life for 5 years, then Physicians Mutual again.
I certainly think agents selling new plans should explain that the plan they market is new. You can make a living spreadsheeting. No agent is needed if the lowest initial rate is all that matters. Choose what type of agent you want to be.

Perhaps you're not familiar with Omaha Insurance Company. MOFO uses 4 companies.:yes:

Back