How to Start a Auto Insurance Agency?TEXAS

BrendaHoustonTx

I am looking for advice on starting my own agency. Right now I am only my property and casualty license agent . Is recommend to have an LLC or Dba?

Brenda, this is a great question which leads to a plethora of more questions to help answer this. Opening a P&C agency with a focus on auto insurance is a fantastic way to help you achieve your purpose and goals. The road to getting open and staying open as In any venture is hard and long. To answer at a minimum your question of a DBA or an LLC the answer is, the question actually does not make sense. You can have an LLC and operate under a DBA. I think maybe what you are asking is should you be a sole proprietor or form an LLC. An LLC filed as an S is probably the best bet. Check with your accountant I’m sure the question of how to run through all the steps has been answered in the forum over the years many times. This is not an easy business to enter and especially in today’s market but not to say it can’t be done or shouldn’t be done. This industry needs new blood

You will need your Life license at least, in addition to P&C. No real need to worry about Series license right now.
Farmers is looking for agents in my area. You will need access to several thousand $.

Back