Humana Medicare Advantage Question

you don't take certifications or AHIP to sell a Supplement.

Shame on you who target Medicare Eligibles and don't understand Medicare Advantage. Boo on you!!

Know it ALL or KNOW NOTHING, Jon Snow.

Last edited:
Dude - love the color choices . . .

Bahahaha . . .

WOW!!! You consider yourself a TOTAL BADASS!!! YOU ARE!!! Total Badass.

You complete all certifications, AHIP, and everything else you have to do to prepare for AEP in about 3 hours!!! Good for you.

This was my second AEP and I have hosted since March of 2017 more than 200 "events" and enrolled more than 400 Medicare Eligible Enrollees in various types of Medicare Products, primarily Medicare Advantage!!

I've been selling insurance full-time since 2012. I was a Paralegal for 14 years before that and a waitress for 12 years before that!! I also have two other small businesses...so I can safely say that I have met with or had one on one meetings with or some type of business interaction with more than 20,000 people. Way more than that if you consider all my jobs since I first started waitressing at age 13.

The ONLY REASON I am responding to this is because I have SEEN a THING or two, so I KNOW a thing or two.

Myself, AHIP takes time, all the carriers I represent....their certifications take time as I represent NO FEWER than 5 Medicare Advantage and 5 PDP Plans.

And because I have been a high producing Broker, I get a lot of opportunity for marketing dollars directly from the CARRIER. I AM A CLOSER.

HELLO, I am the B&@$$!!!!!! It all takes WEEKS OF PLANNING followed by WEEKS OF SHOWING UP AND DOING THE JOB.

It takes time because I have to arrange all the meetings, create compliant flyers, call the venues, spend my own money for rental fees, on and on.

SORRY - I don't believe you sell Medicare Advantage and are the BADASS YOU THINK YOU ARE.

I hate the way Agents and Brokers treat each other. If you knew what you were talking about in the first place, you would have backed me up...instead....you want to tear me down.

Good for you, BADASS.

I agree . . .

This was my second AEP and I have hosted since March of 2017 more than 200 "events" and enrolled more than 400 Medicare Eligible Enrollees in various types of Medicare Products, primarily Medicare Advantage!!

If you only enrolled 400 out of 200 events - you may need lessons . . .

And because I have been a high producing Broker, I get a lot of opportunity for marketing dollars directly from the CARRIER. I AM A CLOSER.

Based on only 400 enrolled out of 200 events - Maury says " . . . that is a lie! "

I agree . . .

If you only enrolled 400 out of 200 events - you may need lessons . . .

Based on only 400 enrolled out of 200 events - Maury says " . . . that is a lie! "

TBH I’m about to add seminars in addition to my DM sales in January and if I can get 2 people to sign up per seminar, I’ll be ecstatic.

2 sign ups = $964 up front and $482 a year for as long as they are your client. If I do one seminar a week, that’s 8 extra t65 sales a month. I’m not sure I’ll even get that.

You complete all certifications, AHIP, and everything else you have to do to prepare for AEP in about 3 hours!!! Good for you.

Myself, AHIP takes time, all the carriers I represent....their certifications take time as I represent NO FEWER than 5 Medicare Advantage and 5 PDP Plans.

HELLO, I am the B&@$$!!!!!! It all takes WEEKS OF PLANNING followed by WEEKS OF SHOWING UP AND DOING THE JOB.

It takes time because I have to arrange all the meetings, create compliant flyers, call the venues, spend my own money for rental fees, on and on.

SORRY - I don't believe you sell Medicare Advantage and are the BADASS YOU THINK YOU ARE.

I hate the way Agents and Brokers treat each other. If you knew what you were talking about in the first place, you would have backed me up...instead....you want to tear me down.

Good for you, BADASS.
What you have to understand about myinsurebiz, is that he has a 132 IQ. :yes:

my insure biz & lifeismylife...Need to go to time out ! Biz, needs to go practice his AHIP for 2020 this weekend we will time you this next Yr
and if you break a record I will personally award you with not one but two PDPs ( the only catch is they have to be taking over 10 meds) and for you Lifeismylife you need to bump up your "Events" next Yr.
and by the way Nursing home events do not count ! I can personally say that I have a time with AHIP and mods from carriers each Yr.
( I would rather shovel Horse Crap) and yes it takes me a full 1.5 days to complete. Also I am surprised on the event #s the last event I did I decided to ditch events...to much time not enough money....not enough people attended, But with that being said my last event this yr. I had 7 people attend, ended up writing 4 and have received 3 other referrals thus far which all were closed sales. Also I have been doing this career since 1985 at age 19... I have never been one to NOT set the woods on fire, just consistent, I average 170 NEW clients a yr. for the past 32 yrs. most being Med Supp. I am relatively new to this board ,but I am here to help if I can. BTW BIZ&Life the comments above were to get both of you a chuckle...Lets all have fun with this
and help one another.

Back