Humana Must be Lonley??

BAM......application in at 12:52 approved at 1:07......haven't even downloaded the application yet......

H1 pays 2x per month just like clock work. Even got a few "stray" checks on late paying clients.

Not much to complain about with them.

Clients seem to get stuck on their e signature, they tend to rider a lot, and for some reason last month they requested "para meds" on two clients.

I am not a fan of their renewals either, I can live off of that...

Their new plans and design are good though - good portfolio. Spotty how competitive rates are , depends where in the country and how many family members.

Last edited:
I had a bartender last month that humana requested a para med on. I called and asked why and they said it was based on profession.

Yeah they issue quick but they can be sticklers on some things. Had a guy approved today with a one month waiting period rider. He applied without prior coverage and they always make you wait a month.

Anthem is pretty quick as well.

Had a guy approved today with a one month waiting period rider. He applied without prior coverage and they always make you wait a month.

Are they not doing 12 month pre ex then? Why would they do a one month waiting period with no prior coverage?

My telesales rep said that their statistics show a much lower claims ratio if they have the 30 day waiting period. Makes sense - think of all the "can i tell you something off the record" conversations you have.

Back