I was on the chopping block anyway

Brandon 8676

Expert
i just got a notification in my email that I have officially been fired by liberty National. Not too terribly surprising, I felt that was coming anyway if I didn’t quit. Still not a good thing to have on record for the next job hunt.

“The termination is in progress”— sounds like my public execution, lol.

Still not a good thing to have on record for the next job hunt.

Bull****. It's only 'not a good thing' if you can't sell it. (Well, considering your sales performance...)

It's proof that you took a risk in your life. Many people have been terminated for lack of performance in sales jobs. Some people consider it an honor - particularly if you were terminated from Merrill Lynch and you interview for a bank advisor position.

Bull****. It's only 'not a good thing' if you can't sell it. (Well, considering your sales performance...)

It's proof that you took a risk in your life. Many people have been terminated for lack of performance in sales jobs. Some people consider it an honor - particularly if you were terminated from Merrill Lynch and you interview for a bank advisor position.

Look at DHK taking a positive spin on this. DHK does have a point. Many successful people will credit their mistakes and trials and errors as being much more educational and helpful in the long run than their wins.

i just got a notification in my email that I have officially been fired by liberty National. Not too terribly surprising, I felt that was coming anyway if I didn’t quit. Still not a good thing to have on record for the next job hunt.

“The termination is in progress”— sounds like my public execution, lol.
Not fired.. You were terminated for lack of production.. Nothing shameful about that, especially of you applying for a non sales job.. You just tell them sales wasn't your thing..If you are applying for another sales job, you simply say their market was not one you were comfortable with..

Jeeze, that’s some serious names who got the pink slip at some point in their lives.

I've been fired several times. After a while I figured things out, then by 37 I was mostly retired.

Look at Barbara Corcoran. She got turned down for Shark Tank (because they were looking for a chesty blonde, which they found) and because of her response to the rejection, they were so impressed, they put her on. She's sharp as a razor, and worth $80mil. In the earlier part of her life, she bounced from job to job, trying to find her flow.

I've been fired several times. After a while I figured things out, then by 37 I was mostly retired.

Look at Barbara Corcoran. She got turned down for Shark Tank (because they were looking for a chesty blonde, which they found) and because of her response to the rejection, they were so impressed, they put her on. She's sharp as a razor, and worth $80mil. In the earlier part of her life, she bounced from job to job, trying to find her flow.

Reminds me of the story of a guy in "The Millionaire Mind" by Thomas Stanley. There's a sales guy who failed multiple years and multiple sales jobs... until he found "the one" and now earns over $1 million per year.

Latest posts

Back