• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

IE Help

FL P&C Broker

Guru
100+ Post Club
For some reason some websites in Internet explorer won't load. They will load at first but if I try to load the same web page again after visiting another page it won't load. It is only some web pages and it is only sometimes. I had a guy from geek squad spend 8 hours on it yesterday. From what I can tell he tried everything.

Any last ideas before I factory reset the machine or throw it out of the window?

Wish I could. The small P&C companies down here in Florida don't have the capability to get their raters to work with anything besides IE.

Yep, if you do P&C, you are probably stuck with IE.
Let me guess though, you have IE 9. Probably need to go back to IE 8. Not sure why this is, but I've seen this elsewhere as well.

Dan

The agent was using IE 8 when the problem started. The geek upgraded to 9 and we still had the problem.

I now have 4 partitions with different copies of xp loaded. Data is on another partition. Data backups are on other drives and portable drives.

When 1 xp partition gets screwed up, I use the free version of xxclone to restore a working copy to my main system partition.

It took a few trials to make the idea work. You have to make sure to modify boot.ini to reference the other system partitions. Also, when copying to a partition, make sure ndlr, ntdetect.com and a correct verson of boot.ini are on the new disk.

I still have to do a fresh install of xp but usually not. A partition restore from a working partition takes ~ 10 minutes & is only a few clicks with the mouse. (I hate Microsoft but some carriers only write for IE = WTF!!!!!

BCBST's site is especially horrible - even after all of the $$ spent.

Last edited:
Back