I'm Completely New to This...some Guidance Would Be Great

It's a brokerage I believe. Forgive my terminology if it is incorrect. It is a small Allstate office in nj. So I assume I would be an agent working for a broker who deals in Allstate.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Thanks a lot for the input CTG.

You will be a producer working for an Allstate agent.

The term broker gets abused quite often, but there is no way to call an Allstate agent a broker as he has only one company to represent.

Sorry advisor06 I'd rather not mention that just yet.
You will be a producer working for an Allstate agent.

The term broker gets abused quite often, but there is no way to call an Allstate agent a broker as he has only one company to represent.

Thanks, I understand now. I'm extremely new to all of the terms thrown around here so try to stay with me here haha.
What town in New Jersey?

Sorry if I sound like a jerk. I just don't want to step on any toes possibly. You never know who you can bump into on the internet. I hope you understand where I am coming from.

Last edited:
I'm new to the industry myself, but that salary sounds good whether you are working as a Producer, Agent or whatever. I had a Farmer's agent tell me that my base would be between $6k and $12k. The only other agency I've seen that offers this type of a base is Liberty Mutual. I've got some apps in at various offices with them. Good Luck!

Wow, I was unaware that there was normally a substantially smaller base is most cases.

Well thanks a lot for the basic info guys and gals. Just got the word that I'm interviewing tomorrow morning. I look forward to learning more from everyone here.

Wish me luck and thanks again.

Back