IMOs with Ohio Experience

It wasn't as bad back in the day as it is now... Seems to have occurred about the time that FEX started up. Not saying that it is their fault but they have been involved in the thick of it since shortly after they began to recruit agents.

Oh there was a bunch of bad recruiters here in the old days. Who was that sheyster from Arkansas that had all kind of recruiters all over the forum?

There was tons of them running amuck from LH, NAA, Howe, etc.

All I did was change the game to
1. agents going under people who had actually sold insurance for a living.
2. Recruiters posting useful info rather than spam
3. Links to info the agents were actually seeking.
4. Bringing the recruiting out in the open rather than hiding in the PMs
5. Making a huge issue of releases, commission levels and training to agents who never knew what questions to ask.
6. Teaching agents about differences in underwriting from company to company.
7. Teaching agents how the common mail order offers were flawed
This was groundbreaking stuff back 10 years ago.
It must have been the right way. Those things have become the gold standard of all the good IMOs.
8. Being an active participating member of the forum community which I was long before I ever decided to form FexContracting.

But yes it was a kinder, gentler forum back then. I don't think the change came as much from a flood of recruiters as it did from the influx of poop stirers. Got to love them all though. Sometimes it does get too boring around here.

Oh there was a bunch of bad recruiters here in the old days. Who was that sheyster from Arkansas that had all kind of recruiters all over the forum?

There was tons of them running amuck from LH, NAA, Howe, etc.

All I did was change the game to
1. agents going under people who had actually sold insurance for a living.
2. Recruiters posting useful info rather than spam
3. Links to info the agents were actually seeking.
4. Bringing the recruiting out in the open rather than hiding in the PMs
5. Making a huge issue of releases, commission levels and training to agents who never knew what questions to ask.
6. Teaching agents about differences in underwriting from company to company.
7. Teaching agents how the common mail order offers were flawed
This was groundbreaking stuff back 10 years ago.
It must have been the right way. Those things have become the gold standard of all the good IMOs.
8. Being an active participating member of the forum community which I was long before I ever decided to form FexContracting.

But yes it was a kinder, gentler forum back then. I don't think the change came as much from a flood of recruiters as it did from the influx of poop stirers. Got to love them all though. Sometimes it does get too boring around here.
Yeah, I know there were bad characters back then but it didn't seem the bickering was as virulent as now. And,as I said, I don't think FEX is at fault but it does seem after you and Travis started actively recruiting was when it picked up. I don't know that I ever saw you attacked personally back then as you have been in the last couple few years.

I don't really see that the forum is worse. I got a threatening pm from an LH guy years ago.

MPS used to say that agents were overpaid. Then he started selling lists. Grag was always on the the attack as was obeonedumbass.

A short sighted little fellow from Ohio was always good for insults.

The shysters have always wanted to silence the truth. It was that way then, it's that way now.

Mark Rosenthal was selling your info to website designers. He ratted me out to a company.

All of that was certainly before FEX. I was called a silent recruiter for EFES. Now I'm supposedly a marketer for FEX.

This forum has been life changing for many, many agents. Before this forum an agent was just not getting released. Now it's common in the FE world.

I don't really see that the forum is worse. I got a threatening pm from an LH guy years ago.

MPS used to say that agents were overpaid. Then he started selling lists. Grag was always on the the attack as was obeonedumbass.

A short sighted little fellow from Ohio was always good for insults.

The shysters have always wanted to silence the truth. It was that way then, it's that way now.

Mark Rosenthal was selling your info to website designers. He ratted me out to a company.

All of that was certainly before FEX. I was called a silent recruiter for EFES. Now I'm supposedly a marketer for FEX.

This forum has been life changing for many, many agents. Before this forum an agent was just not getting released. Now it's common in the FE world.
Never have understood the "silent" recruiter charge... Anybody that has been on here for any time at all knows that one thing you are not is "silent"....:yes::laugh:

Yeah, I know there were bad characters back then but it didn't seem the bickering was as virulent as now. And,as I said, I don't think FEX is at fault but it does seem after you and Travis started actively recruiting was when it picked up. I don't know that I ever saw you attacked personally back then as you have been in the last couple few years.

There have always been detractors. Some very outspoken.

We have had a huge amount of success. Much more than I was shooting for. Some of our competitors don't understand how we do it. We aren't an easy model to duplicate. We bring out the crazy in some people.

When you have an extremely laid back personality like I have you tend to drive some of the type A personalities really crazy. I've always had some of that to deal with. Sort of like Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck.

Some people are always going to have a war going on in their minds. Often we are the obvious target since we are competitor #1. Lately the attention turned towards other perceived enemies (Spur, Massey, Aden, Chris Westfall,etc. ) the forum name calling gets way out of hand but it's nice to sit back and watch for a while.

One thing for sure that we can expect from this forum. The pendulum swings on you both ways. When we get too much love you know that is going to bring out the detractors with their latest "scandal." When we are getting too much bashing it it swings back and turns into a love fest. It's just the personality of the forum. You can't take that stuff too seriously.

JD said, "This forum has been life changing for many, many agents."

That's the truth. People can come on here now and in a matter of days can go from no license to contracted and in the field. It's amazing as to the education here and all the videos available.

I've benefited from reading and practicing the tips received. Even had a few laughs.....

JD said, "This forum has been life changing for many, many agents."

That's the truth. People can come on here now and in a matter of days can go from no license to contracted and in the field. It's amazing as to the education here and all the videos available.

I've benefited from reading and practicing the tips received. Even had a few laughs.....

You left out a step.. "in a matter of days can go from no license to contracted and in the field, recruiting and building a down-line... :biggrin:

Back