• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Income and Age specific Direct Mailing

Income and age specific direct mailing: Are they really worth it? 10,000 names for $300. I’ll mail out what? 300 postcards and the law of averages dictates 3 responses right?

Should I just pay my Visa bill and not waste any more of my time? Yes, I read mickeyma’s post regarding his short experiences, that didn’t get me to make up my mind though.

It seems there’s only two choices when attracting new insurance clients: Crapshoot or specific shoppers that may buy down the line and if you pester them, they’ll never buy. :no:

-CR :SLEEP:

Think you need to be sending out 1,000wk for ten weeks.

1% response rate is ten per week. Even if you only get 1/2 of 1% that's still five per week.

You need to think about how they will respond to you. Do you want them to call, visit a website, return a card in the mail?

Most will be more likely to visit your website before they pick up the phone to call, so I would get a site that has some client testimonials and a page where they can leave their contact info if they want to learn more.

From what I have seen put out by the lead companies, the include a return postage paid postcard with the contact info populated except for the phone number.

Forget sending a postcard in the mail. Put it in an envelope. It's ok if one side is the pitch and the other is postal info.

I hear ya. Yeah, I was going to give them the option of calling or going to a site or both. I just thought what you just said. And a 1% return rate isn't good enough for me. I only have a little gift $ to play with so I'll advertise locally and give a seminar or two (which is cool, because I'm a musician and love audiances), instead of wasting $300.
Gifts never seem to be enough. I need a few more zeros on the end. I was actually thinking of just paying off one of my CC's and forgetting the whole deal. It seems to be pointless like many here say, I need a bankroll and to get my team together. They make it sound so easy.

Thanks just the same. :mask:

-CR

Depends what you are selling for 1% to be satisfactory.

For health, prob. not.

Annuities, absolutely. Commission on a fixed is 3%; EIA 6%-10%.

Even if I only sell one per week, it covers the cost of mailing plus a modest wage.

Back