Independent Contracts for Allstate?

We are an independent Allstate agent not an encompass agent. If you like old tech and crummy rates they are the best company!

Encompass is my highest paying carrier & I give them the creme de la creme & push them everytime. I love Encompass. LOVE ENCOMPASS

Encompass is my highest paying carrier & I give them the creme de la creme & push them everytime. I love Encompass. LOVE ENCOMPASS

Wait...so you mean to suggest that the carrier who pays the best gets your best business...
Sounds familiar. Almost like what happens at my agency...push the best stuff to one carrier and everyone else gets leftovers.
Wonder if any rep's for allied or travelers or Safeco are reading this. Hmmm...

Wait...so you mean to suggest that the carrier who pays the best gets your best business...
Sounds familiar. Almost like what happens at my agency...push the best stuff to one carrier and everyone else gets leftovers.
Wonder if any rep's for allied or travelers or Safeco are reading this. Hmmm...

Progressive, of all companies, are learning this. Our agency is part of a pilot program of 125 agencies in MI where if we combine the home and auto, we get 15/12 (bumped up from 10/8) and when we get our book over 300,000 with combined home/auto premium then we qualify for profit-sharing on our entire book. They have never done profit sharing.

They also seem to be starting to price themselves a bit out of the non-standard market and into the standard/preferred market.

I'm apprehensive, but curious. I've only ever heard bad things about Progressive in terms of how they treat their agents.

Progressive, of all companies, are learning this. Our agency is part of a pilot program of 125 agencies in MI where if we combine the home and auto, we get 15/12 (bumped up from 10/8) and when we get our book over 300,000 with combined home/auto premium then we qualify for profit-sharing on our entire book. They have never done profit sharing.

They also seem to be starting to price themselves a bit out of the non-standard market and into the standard/preferred market.

I'm apprehensive, but curious. I've only ever heard bad things about Progressive in terms of how they treat their agents.

They've already started pricing themselves out of the nonstandard market here. The rep says they want preferred business, not non-standard.
Problem is, they aren't competitive for preferred clients. :goofy: Almost without fail, they are right in line with Safeco, every time Safeco's rate sucks. Not sure how they've managed to be so in synch.

They've already started pricing themselves out of the nonstandard market here. The rep says they want preferred business, not non-standard.
Problem is, they aren't competitive for preferred clients. :goofy: Almost without fail, they are right in line with Safeco, every time Safeco's rate sucks. Not sure how they've managed to be so in synch.

They seem to be competitive for what it's worth when I can't fit my insureds, usually younger but still have great insurance scores, with Auto-Owners, I'm able to get them with Progressive/ASI as long as I can get them through the strict underwriting guidelines on the HO3.

I don't know if it's just because I'm in MI or what... but SafeCo is never competitive on the auto so with home/auto, I'm going Prog./ASI most of the time. But again, 90% of our standard/pref. PL business is written with A-O.

I'm liking the rates. I hope they don't try to "capture the market" and then jack the rates up a la captive styles. But even then I can, as an agent, just switch them over to A-O or another carrier.

So they are good to work with for Auto? I am looking for a new carrier in MA.

Do you have their contact info for agents or should I just use their web site contact us tab?

Just wait. My software is being Piloted Feb 1st by a multi billion dollar insurance company. In 2-3 years pricing models for insurance will be completely different. Competitive landscape will get even more competitive and insurance companies who take rate increases will get their market share taken in a flash.

Back