Individual Health Insurance Marketing

After trying many different marketing techniches, I have found hiring a telemarketer to be the most profitable. However, finding the quality telemarketer is extremely difficult. The turnover with people who do this unbelievable.

Give us more details. How much do you pay them?

Give us more details. How much do you pay them?

Excellent question. If you want to do it on the cheap, have the telemarketer work from their home and pay them $10 per appointment and $50 per sale. You can buy a list of businesses for them to call off of. If you dont want to pay for a list, you could have them qualify a list from yellowpages.com
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
You could make this more effective by amending it to: the right activity is the key...

I absolutely agree, working smart is much more important than working hard. Although both are important.

Last edited:
Hello. All very interesting reads. But it seems most of you work locally, which is difficult for me becI live n NY. Any experience with a national approach? I saw this thing from USABG which hooks you up so that you can sell in other states. Any word on them?

Hi all-

Read though the answers on this thread and for what it's worth...consistency is the key in whatever methods you choose.

Even as a Fixed Annuity Marketer, leads are always an issue (in any business like this). I watched the ongoing marketing struggles at the Insurance Agency I had worked at prior to moving into fixed annuities.

Be consistent in your efforts.
Follow though is essential.
Practice the KLT Factor--be someone they can know-like and trust. Find a method that works for your style, work it, rinse, repeat.
Don't take "no" personally.

Just don't put all you eggs in one marketing basket though. Use multiple marketing platforms both online and offline to drive traffic to your sites (or your office) whatever works for you.

It's going to be a fine 2009! Much success to you all!

Chris Miller

BTW-Healthagent, that was a very informative post!

does anyone mentor new agents who want to get into the
guaranteed issue health insurance. Like the AIM health plans
or AIG's plan.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Excellent question. If you want to do it on the cheap, have the telemarketer work from their home and pay them $10 per appointment and $50 per sale. You can buy a list of businesses for them to call off of. If you dont want to pay for a list, you could have them qualify a list from yellowpages.com.

When hiring a local telemarketer, should they be given a list of qualifying questions? If so, what would it consist of? I thought I had found qualifying ?'s before but I don't know where.

Back