Individual Health Insurance Marketing

Marketing Strategies

I have found that my vehicle sign has yielded the best bang for my buck. I think I paid 26 bucks to get my back window stenciled and I am getting about 4 - 5 calls on average a week just driving around. Also I put out signs in my county and I generally will get about 10 calls a week off of those. They cost me roughly 2.50 a sigh including the stand. I have it pretty much figured out where the signs stay the longest so I blanket those spots every 3 weeks with new signs. I do get some calls off my tear offs that I put at laundry mats.

Justin

Re: Marketing Strategies

Jdiddy said:
I have found that my vehicle sign has yielded the best bang for my buck. I think I paid 26 bucks to get my back window stenciled and I am getting about 4 - 5 calls on average a week just driving around. Also I put out signs in my county and I generally will get about 10 calls a week off of those. They cost me roughly 2.50 a sigh including the stand. I have it pretty much figured out where the signs stay the longest so I blanket those spots every 3 weeks with new signs. I do get some calls off my tear offs that I put at laundry mats.

Justin

1. What do you have stenciled on back window?

2. Where do you go to have that done? Does it ever come off?

3. What kinds of signs to you use... cardboard? Plastic? What do they cost. (Just curious..I don't think it is legal to put signs in my county but I do see them from time to time... not for long.)

Al

I have
Affordable Health and Life Insurance
Individual, Section 125, Med, Part D, Disability
Any Doctor Any Hospital
My Number

No It doesn't come off, but there is no need to take it off because I am always advertising no matter where I go. I think the magnets cost about $40 bucks for a set. I got turned on to this guy from one of our other agents but you could just call the people advertising in you phone book, under graphic design, signs, printing, etc

The "road signs" I just have:

Affordable Health Insurance
Any Doctor Any Hospital
my #

I tried stapling them to telephone poles and that worked for 2 months but then I got a call to take them down, nightmare!!! So now I just use the metal stands which cost extra but I haven't had problems with those. I get them done from this guy I called In the phone book and he charges me 180.00 for 100 signs. What he does is he cuts down a large one and makes two out of one. They are made of like a corrugated plastic and you have to put the little metal stands on them. I steer away from roads and go more for an intersection or stop sign where someone has to stop. I will usually hit like home depot, target, lowe's, walgreens, etc. and also the main residential areas. I put them on the exit of the parking lot so people waiting to pull out onto the road will see them, or like I said on the main intersections and such at an angle close to the stop sign or traffic pole. If you sell one policy, then you have paid for the whole lot and I assure you that you will do a lot more business than that. Try to stay away from company logo's and such or you might find yourself having to get all sorts approval and red tape.

Justin

Need to check with your state DOI. In MD pole signs or even the signs you put in the ground are not an authorized or compliant form of marketing for insurance products. You could be fined or lose your license.

John,

When you telemarket do you have much problems with getting the business owner on the phone? How do you get around the gate keeper?

Gatekeeper

The way I do it is to find out what the owner's first name is and ask for that person. That will usually work and if they aren't "in" or are "busy", I ask when they will be in or try to get a cell number. If the owner says, "well my wife takes care of that", I ask for her cell number and what a good time to talk to her is. Do a little research before you call, and we all know the businesses are worth it to spend an extra minute or two on google search.

Justin

Re: Gatekeeper

Jdiddy said:
The way I do it is to find out what the owner's first name is and ask for that person. That will usually work and if they aren't "in" or are "busy", I ask when they will be in or try to get a cell number. If the owner says, "well my wife takes care of that", I ask for her cell number and what a good time to talk to her is. Do a little research before you call, and we all know the businesses are worth it to spend an extra minute or two on google search.

Justin

do you ask if they have a high risk health condition and looked at a limited health plan lately as a health insurance alternative.....

Back