Individual Sales Slowing Down?

I dunno about everyone else, but I too have seen a slow down...big time..and honestly I have been from the top back to the bottom, ready to give up health now...Made the same amount of purchases, roughly spending $1400 a month in leads..and had a big cut in commissions, and now really just unhappy with the market, especially the long delay in getting policies underwritten.

Maybe try marketing to people who are currently insured?

The VAST majority of my sales are to people who currently have health insurance. Since they're "broke", saving money for them makes these easy sales. When my GA gives me a stack of leads every week, I call the ones that say "No Insurance", but the conversation is very brief. They almost always end up in the trash can.
-AC

The VAST majority of my sales are to people who currently have health insurance. Since they're "broke", saving money for them makes these easy sales. When my GA gives me a stack of leads every week, I call the ones that say "No Insurance", but the conversation is very brief. They almost always end up in the trash can.
-AC

Exactly.

I dread the qualification part of the call.

Oh you're uninsured, when was the last time you had insurance?

uhhhhhhhhh....

I'm thinking "Oh F$%K"....

Exactly.

I dread the qualification part of the call.

Oh you're uninsured, when was the last time you had insurance?

uhhhhhhhhh....

I'm thinking "Oh F$%K"....

Yup. Had a call last week for "health insurance". Uninsured for 8 years, now wanted PCIP. Maybe I'll get the $50 before Anthem BC gets approval to sell again. Then again ...:laugh:

Yup. Had a call last week for "health insurance". Uninsured for 8 years, now wanted PCIP. Maybe I'll get the $50 before Anthem BC gets approval to sell again. Then again ...:laugh:

PCIP is paying California agents $50 per app? In Illinois, we get nothing. There's not even a question on the application asking if an agent is involved. Congrats Dave!
-Allen

I am one of 3 agents in my office who do individual sales ,everything else is group. We are a regional office for BCBS in La. Starting in July we were told if we didn't make our quota for each month we were being taken off of leads. I managed to keep getting my quota until September 1st. No leads in September and not getting any in October. The top agent has no leads since July. That leaves one agent getting all the leads!!!
Year to date, as of July 31, I had the most sales in the office but they are just looking month to month.
I have a kid getting ready for LSU and 3 car payments !!!!

Question, how long do you work leads?

When should I give up on the ones that aren't just total trash in the first place?

I have all of my leads in SalesForce,
should I start calling them again?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

PCIP is paying California agents $50 per app? In Illinois, we get nothing. There's not even a question on the application asking if an agent is involved. Congrats Dave!
-Allen
Well, EVENTUALLY PCIP will pay $50 for an application according to MRMIB.

In CA the MRMIP (Risk Pool) pays a $50 fee for application to agent who assists. Since MRMIP is running PCIP in CA, they are extending the same "offer" LOL! Applicants has to submit the MRMIP app alongside the PCIP "supplemental" app so they pay, I guess, off of the agent information on the MRMIP app. I'll let you know if and when I ever get $50 from them for an application.

It's easy and not much to it and it does fund me wine club dues:D

Back