Individual Sales Slowing Down?

Maybe I am lucky, but very few of my clients are disqualified or come back with a different offer due to withholding info during our pre-screen discussions. I am very thorough, but every once in a while I get tripped up on something that never came out.

Like the lady who had a routine colonoscopy scheduled for 3 days after we submitted the app . . .

On the app where it asks do you have any pending tests or procedures she marked no, but during the phone interview they pulled her Rx history and discovered a prescription for Colon Flush she had filled the day before.

So tell us, is there a reason why you got this filled?

I am having a colonoscopy on Monday.

Oh, well get back to us when you have the results.

Later . . .

Exam showed 5 benign polyps. That killed that app.

Sept. was my wost month in Individual sales since 2008. I wrote all of 3 policies. I quoted and spoke to about 20 prospects for the month.

In my state I am seeing a very negative trend of middle class going without coverage.

September was the best month of mine in a long time. Pending rate increases on 10/1 did a lot to disturb and motivate.

I have had a huge slow down on individual sales. I am still talking to the same amount of people but it seems everyone is broke.

Anyone else seeing this trend?
Are you selling nationwide or in a specific state? Thanks.

Sept. was my wost month in Individual sales since 2008. I wrote all of 3 policies. I quoted and spoke to about 20 prospects for the month.

In my state I am seeing a very negative trend of middle class going without coverage.
I've had a similar experience. Instead of the price changes motivating people to place policies it scared them. I live in a mostly rural place and deal with very small businesses and three out of four are just going without health insurance...it's incredible to own a business and be financing a new house while having a family and then decide to not have any health insurance. We put together discount plans and fill in the gaps with supplements for a good price but now families are faced with the few available policies where I live which are still on the market and really, I wouldn't buy those either. I'll change my target market and try to pick up those businesses that have crummy expensive dental and no relief for their huge deductibles and give them a competitive quote because there are a lot of brokers here who don't service their clientele properly.
When I walk in they want to know right away how to renew with a better policy and they're not waiting to consult their own brokers. I've had some people tell me they're waiting until after the election to make a decision. Yep, it's definitely more difficult. :(

Are you selling nationwide or in a specific state? Thanks.

I sell in just one state. I use to sell in the surrounding states but did not like my retention rate. Also I felt it was difficult to keep up with all the different carriers in each state. Individual in not my main line group health is my focus.

Last month I saw an alarming drop off because people are broke.

I think thats hit the nail on the head: 'most people are broke'

Its difficult times right now for everything. S*$t it costs 5 damn dollars for a pack of bacon now!

Didn't the media/government say that we were out of recession now?

I think thats hit the nail on the head: 'most people are broke'

Its difficult times right now for everything. S* it costs 5 damn dollars for a pack of bacon now!

Didn't the media/government say that we were out of recession now?

Bulk package of bacon at Costco went from $10 to $15 just about overnight.

Back