Insurance (Berry Creek)

ConcerCust

I really need some assistance. Our group is currently closing on a property in Berry Creek, CA. The property has been primarily used as a Bed & Breakfast for the past 10 + years. We have been working with an insurance agent for 45 days now, and this agent, we are just not match personality wise. Our group feels because, this particular agent has done a lot of work, she is entitled to do the policy. However, we are not located in California and she does not trust us.

We are seeking an insurance policy for the business or property to cover the lien holders ($560,000.00). The property is in the California fire area. Please help, this has made our company closing to be an absolute nightmare.

You will have very limited options for this coverage. I've got several 'cabins' insured in that area and it isn't really the easiest placement. As a bed & breakfast, it complicates matters a bit.

Are you looking for liability coverage for the bed and breakfast as well? Or just dwelling coverage? You will almost have to do these together to make it work.

You can't just cover the lien holders, you have to cover the property. There are all kinds of issues if you aren't covered correctly, such as a co-insurance penalty if you are under (usually) 80% of the building coverage amount.

My goal is to never take a policy away from an agent who is actively working on it. If you need help, or have decided to cut the current agent loose, then yes, I can get this covered for you (probably, lots of questions before I could commit to that).

I'll send you a PM with my contact info. If you want a second opinion or a better feel for some of the issues you are looking at, feel free to call me.

Dan

Back