Insurance Got Terminated - PLEASE HELP!

Write to dept health & human services and whitehouse.gov
And your local Senator.
And district congress person. Just copy and paste what you wrote here.
I have 3 clients 63 days late on payments and they cannot get reinstated (me begging the insurer and the urgent need of client) and they cannot buy a major medical policy they can only buy short-term Medical.
Combined they were paying $1500 month...
Sad this is happening to you and I'm sorry for your suffering. In fact that's what I tell a lot of people now. "I'm very sorry for your suffering". It helps them do not blame us the agents..

Last edited:
I have hundreds of clients on Marketplace plans, you don't have to explain things to me-the verification has a 90 day window so you would have coverage during that time, good luck.

I'm not sure if I'm under penalty of perjury if I falsify a health insurance application. If I don't provide verification, will they retroactively cancel my coverage? If so, I'd be in the same boat I'm in now.

Write to dept health & human services and whitehouse.gov
And your local Senator.
And district congress person. Just copy and paste what you wrote here.
I have 3 clients 63 days late on payments and they cannot get reinstated (me begging the insurer and the urgent need of client) and they cannot buy a major medical policy they can only buy short-term Medical.
Combined they were paying $1500 month...
Sad this is happening to you and I'm sorry for your suffering. In fact that's what I tell a lot of people now. "I'm very sorry for your suffering". It helps them do not blame us the agents..

That's a good idea - I'll mail all of them. It would be nice if I could find a place to buy short-term medical, but my state's department of insurance urged me not to buy outside of the marketplace. The guy I talked to said the plans don't cover anything and won't prevent me from getting fined by the IRS. All in all, I was technically 37 days late on a payment, but I paid my missed payment and the next two months in full. I WISH I had someone explaining this to the insurer on my behalf. I even called their sales line and one of the mall kiosks they have.

I spoke with a Marketplace Navigator today, and she told me that she's never seen a non-payment cancellation reversed and that I was probably wasting my time trying (not in those exact words, but that was the emphasis). I also tried calling a few health insurance agents in my area, but they all said that they only deal with Marketplace plans. I even checked my phone records to find out if UPMC ever called or left me a message like they say they did, and I have no record of it.

I just received the check for a refund of my June and July premium payments. Looks like there's no hope for me now.

Please write to the government and HHS
And your senate/congress about all of this inconvenience and significant exposure you have to the possibility of financial disaster and risk of inadequate care due to no insurance

If you are a good Christian, you can quickly join a low cost Christian share plan or, if not following Biblical principles and/or self employed, possibly a MEC plan to avoid penalties....and if the pre-ex is not that bad, you can also get a STM plan in case you get hit by a bus. Else, you remain exposed to penalties and medical bills for anything new.

Great system!!! :goofy:

I just read this. You said you have a job. Does your employer provide group health insurance? Do you have a spouse with an employer group plan? If it is a small employer (or if you are the business owner), and the business doesn't have health insurance now, you could start a group plan, effective at the first of the next month, which has no waiting period for pre-existing conditions.

Group plans usually cost about the same as 2016 premiums for your individual plan, and usually have better coverage. Group plans come with participation requirements, but they are not that hard to meet. They come with employer contribution requirements but the tax breaks make up for it.

Also, check out your local universities. Most large colleges and universities have a health plan that is unbelievably affordable, and almost always has no waiting period for pre-existing conditions.

Finally, use a local agent!!! If you want someone to fight on your behalf, you need a professional. An agent's expertise is worth it, and it is free to you (all commissions are built into your premium whether you use an agent or not.)

I just read this. You said you have a job. Does your employer provide group health insurance? Do you have a spouse with an employer group plan? If it is a small employer (or if you are the business owner), and the business doesn't have health insurance now, you could start a group plan, effective at the first of the next month, which has no waiting period for pre-existing conditions. Group plans usually cost about the same as 2016 premiums for your individual plan, and usually have better coverage. Group plans come with participation requirements, but they are not that hard to meet. They come with employer contribution requirements but the tax breaks make up for it. Also, check out your local universities. Most large colleges and universities have a health plan that is unbelievably affordable, and almost always has no waiting period for pre-existing conditions. Finally, use a local agent!!! If you want someone to fight on your behalf, you need a professional. An agent's expertise is worth it, and it is free to you (all commissions are built into your premium whether you use an agent or not.)

Do you have a spouse? If so, get divorced ASAP. Don't have a spouse? Get one, ASAP.
Or, adopt a needy kid ASAP.
Want a change of scenery? Move ... to a different service area.
Worst case: open enrollment starts in a few months. Jan 1 start date coverage will be available, but for heaven's sake, don't let premiums lapse (you made it sound as if loss of coverage was someone else's fault, but that seems far from conclusive).
Coverage IS easier to get under ACA, but you have to know the rules and play by them - to a tee.

Ann, of note, I have found it virtually impossible to find a college with a viable student health plan this year, at least in MO where my niece is attending. Wondering if things are different in AZ these days?

Immigrant students lots of choices 4 major medical.. US citizen students not so much. Rediculous times.

Back