Internet Marketing for part time agents

There are MANY free ways of online advertising if you take the time to check it out. Instead of wasting money paying Google for clicks I would work on making your website top notch with lots of good information for the consumer. If you have not already done so, make sure that your website has been submitted to Google, Bing, and Yahoo (if you have not done this they will not be crawling your website and you won't get hits). I would then take advantage of listing yourself in as many free business directories as possible and also start a blog with useful information on the insurance that you are selling (I would not make it sales oriented, but more providing information and linking back to your website or to contact you for more info). Also take advantage of free advertising on Craigslist, Backpage, etc.... These are free so why not use them?!! I will tell you that going this way is time consuming but it does pay off. I have not purchased a lead OR paid Google in over 8 months and I get an average of 8 leads per week that cost me nothing other than my time to create the ads and blogs.

Re: Internet Marketing

How do you compare mojo dialer and leads to your recommended Stellar leads? R U having success with them? Thanks! Sue

Internet marketing, insurance, and part time don't go together well. Paid Google ads require a certain up-front investment with an uncertain return, spread over time.

You will be competing for traffic with full time experienced internet marketers who know how to convert traffic into leads, and full time experienced insurance agents who know how to convert leads into customers.

I don't think anyone else mentioned it, but with Google PPC you can geo-target down to your local area. That way you'll only appear in your town ( or the town of your choosing), not all over the US. Perry Marshall (google his name) has some good training on PPC if that's the route you decide to go. Definitely not something you want to try without education.

You will be competing for traffic with full time experienced internet marketers who know how to convert traffic into leads, and full time experienced insurance agents who know how to convert leads into customers.

THIS.

You don't want to invest marketing dollars unless you can be available to respond to the lead whenever and wherever. Plus the lead will be able to smell the level of experience on your breath while over the phone.

And now for the latest in my series of "Getting Started" questions:

Some background: I've been selling for a little while now, and for various reasons I'm not sure if I want to continue doing it full-time. I'm considering getting a regular job and just selling life insurance and long-term care insurance on the side as a supplement to that income. I would set up an LLC and a website. I would sell to friends, family, word-of-mouth, and whatever clients I can get from occasional mailings and weekends/evenings of cold calls. If it gets to be lucrative, great. If not, no big deal.

My question is: Bearing in mind that I'm not necessarily looking to generate enough leads to live on but just to put a little extra money in my pocket, is internet marketing effective? What I was considering doing is paying Google to have my website come up prominently in searches for Life Insurance and Long Term Care Insurance in either the state where I live or some of the local counties. Then, on the website I would have the usual hullabaloo, but also a place for people to enter name, address, phone number, e-mail, DOB, any relevant health issues, and which product they're most interested in if they want more information. Then, of course, I could contact them and have general quotes and info at the ready.

Is this sort of internet marketing effective? Is it costly? I believe Google charges you by how many hits your website gets, and--of course--hits don't necessarily mean "business".

Have any of you guys tried this sort of thing? If so, what was your experience?

The competition for insurance is sky high, unless you target geographically, like "your state here" life insurance, even then it would be tough, good luck man!

Guys I have a question.

I feel like I should start looking at doing a site. I am not really interested in a lead site. At the moment. I have been in business for a while. I really only want some place for my clients and referrals to find me. Maybe a place to put up some tools and content.

I am a Life Insurance Agent. I do not want to be a internet website slave. For this first site it needs to be for clients. Any suggestions.

PS... I do not mean to high jack this thread.

I am interested in making a site as well for medicare supplement leads. I am not sure who to let do this but I am ready to spend a considerable amount of money for a site that can drive volume nationwide as we have agents and networks all over the US now. Any solid references can be e-mailed to me. Anyone know what kind of volume we could get and what it would cost to generate at least 1000 leads a month? I do not know if this is even possible.

This guy is too stupid to stop putting his contact information in every post but he has a "considerable sum of money."

He already said he must have advances to keep going. I guess a considerable sum would be anything over $75.

Rick

This guy is too stupid to stop putting his contact information in every post but he has a "considerable sum of money."

He already said he must have advances to keep going. I guess a considerable sum would be anything over $75.

Rick

Do I sense a tidbit of hostility?

Back