Interview with AGLA Tomorrow!

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie here, but I have an interview with AGLA tomorrow in the Birmingham, AL office and I am very excited! I also have some questions...the manager said that during the 17-week training period that I would receive a base salary. Does anyone know how much that is? As I am currently unemployed anything would be a big help! Also, I know I will have to get licensed...does AGLA pay for the coursework and the test to get licensed or do you have to pay for it yourself? From what I've been reading online AGLA seems like a good place to work and a great opportunity. If anyone has any other information to share about AGLA, please do! I am really hoping I can make a great career out of this. Thanks!

Please do a search of the forum on AGLA. Every question you asked plus many more have already been answered. Also, tons of opinions on AGLA as well.

Congrats, I think it's $500.00 per week. By the way you'll have to complete a week on training, as well as a two/three day class in Macon....I would suggest you start getting you value client on board yesterday.
If you don't meet your validation in 17 weeks, you'll 9/10 time be let go..
By the way I was able to complete it on five, just saying

The salary is 500.00 a week for the first 13 weeks. If you are not on pace to validate after week 13 it goes to 300.00 a week until week 17. if you don't validate after week 17 then you are in the whole for 4400.00 which means half your pay will go to pay that 4400.00 until it is paid off.

I was with AGLA in 2009 and it took me 14 weeks to validate. It is a good company for someone new in the business, because they provide good training.

You have to pay for all licensing.

The salary is 500.00 a week for the first 13 weeks. If you are not on pace to validate after week 13 it goes to 300.00 a week until week 17. if you don't validate after week 17 then you are in the whole for 4400.00 which means half your pay will go to pay that 4400.00 until it is paid off.

I was with AGLA in 2009 and it took me 14 weeks to validate. It is a good company for someone new in the business, because they provide good training.

You have to pay for all licensing.

Just curious..what do you mean by "to validate"?? What are you validating?

I think they mean hitting your current target of Annual Premium...If you are on pace, you are validating you contract...if you get far behind, they may cut their losses, and fire you...

I think I read somewhere in the forums where AGLA does a thing called "Project 100" where it IS a list of your friends and family for leads. What's wrong with that?

There's so many things wrong with it I don't even know where to begin.

First of all, your friends and family do not expect you to abuse your relationship by hitting them up for insurance products. At best it makes them feel very uncomfortable.

On top of that, some of your friends and family members may not want you to know about private health conditions. It's embarrassing depending on the condition. I know when I started selling health it took over a year for my brother to contact me about helping him and it turned out there were two conditions he didn't want me to know about.

Beyond that, it's a very poor marketing plan. The theory is "100" branches out into 200, then 500, then 2,000 people to contact. In reality, it doesn't. Once you've burned up your list of 100 friends and family you're back at square one - which is having to put together a long-term marketing plan.

The last point is more difficult to discuss and falls under the "someone has to be the doctor's first patient" rule. When you're new, you're learning and you're gonna make a few mistakes. You want those mistakes to be with your friends and family? Not me.

Last edited:
LIMRA's "Market Analysis" (formerly Project 100) is misused by management virtually 100% of the time. Yes, it serves as an INITIAL inventory, but it was designed to help a field manager get a feel for where the candidate was starting from. Used in conjunction with the "Market Survey', this piece is supposed to help kick-start the referral process. I insisted that new agents left their closest friends and family for later and started with the more casual acquaintances and referrals from the market surveys.

Without a doubt, completing 1, 2, or 3 books won't carry a new agent for long. If a referral mindset isn't created on day one, forget it.

It's definitely not perfect, but what else is a new candidate to do?

Back