Is it worth it?

GUARANTEED ISSUE - This is only in about 5-6 ultra liberal states. They think offering insurance to "all" regardless of Health conditions, sometimes regardless of age is the best approach.

Most other states have realized this is NOT the correct approach, the correct approach is to segregate your health problems into a state funded, insurance carrier funded "pool" therefore making insurance affordable for all residents.

It is politically correct for someone to stand up and say "we will cover everyone regardless of your health" - but this is a private business and taking someone on with a $1000/mo medical condition for $150/mo is not reasonable.

A lot of this is political, but the short answer is GI DOES NOT work, agents (if there are any) are hardly if ever commissioned it is very low and essentially this is big government over regulation and over ride of FREE MARKET - which is what America is all about.

GI may have been well intended but this is a HUGE failure spun the wrong way.

Ok, I didn't see anything in what I've studied so far, so whats the answer?

First of all, let me apologize for not reading your entire post. I didn't realize you are a law enforcement officer. Let me "Thank you" for your service to your community. GI, stands for Guaranteed Issue. I'm sure you will be enlightened with your insurance options reading this forum.

A lot of this is political, but the short answer is GI DOES NOT work...

GI may have been well intended but this is a HUGE failure spun the wrong way.

Could you please explain WHY GI does not work in these states? What are your reasons for making the above statement(s).

Thanks,

Al

Ok, I see what you're saying. Where do I go then once I'm licensed? I am totally oblivious as to where or what to do, Once I have the license in hand then what?

The insurance everyone WANTS to talk about is health insurance.....then sell them life......

Ok, I see what you're saying. Where do I go then once I'm licensed? I am totally oblivious as to where or what to do, Once I have the license in hand then what?

Health insurance, how do I get started? Where do I go? Do I go to insurance companies like Prudential etc. etc. and say I have a license give me a job? What do I do? Where do I go?

I just noticed this thread. And no...you do not want to go to Pru, MetLife, NY Life, John Hancock if health insurance is going to be your focus. I imagine a big independent agency in your area might be an option. Getting the proper training is tantamount to getting off to a good start in this business.

And by the way...it's a good business. It helps if you are type A personality with a good sense of humor.

Back