Is this guy over dressed?

One thing I learned is not to overspend on my clothes. Wal-Mart variety is just fine with me. I've had a couple situations where I've thrown a pair of pants in the trash. Also advise agents to keep a clean, dry towel in their car.
One of the pit falls of a cat piss soaked couch. :laugh:

Zactly!! Also sat in peanut butter and jelly smeared on the seat cushion...didn't know about it until I sat in my car...and, of course, it got on the seat of my car. Btw...peanut butter grease never comes out...thus I now use a seat cover. I'm often amazed how filthy other humans can be.
With the FE type clientele, nothing should surprize us. :laugh:

I have been meaning to ask. How often do you guys _really_ run into cat pee, dog crap, hoarders, fleas, roaches and funky smells.
Not that often, really. I have one debit client that I hate going in her house, which leans on a poor foundation. It smells terrible, especially in the summer. The carpet has so many years of dirt, you literally can't see the carpet. There are holes in the floor under the carpet that I'm scared I might fall through one day. They don't turn on any lights, except for the room they're in, and all the windows are covered, so it's dark until you get there. But I've never seen a single bug, and she pays like clockwork. I try not to go at mealtime, though. Scared she might offer to share!

But like I said, she's the exception. Most of my clients keep a tidy house. I do think about my clothes getting ruined because a lot of them babysit grandchildren that apparently think I look like Santa Claus and want to climb on me. So peanut butter and jelly stains are a common hazard. Also, they often have little dogs who think I look friendly (I am). But if their nails aren't trimmed, they can mess up a nice pair of pants. I spend 80% of my time in the "ghetto", so it may seem strange that I don't encounter more nasty houses. But even though I have a lot of low income clients, they usually have high self respect.

there is this hoarder house, its like the worst house in a nice middle class neighborhood. When you go in its like an obstacle course to get to the living room involving, walking over boxes, turning side ways to squeeze past more boxes and junk stacked nearly to the ceiling. When you come to the end of the junk tunnel there is a space reserved on the sofa for you between boxes of junked piled on it. Then they drag out this big art easel that they had made elaborate flip charts and pie graphs, color coded with markers, comparing all the different medicare plans. I'm like why did they call me out here.

Not that often, really. I have one debit client that I hate going in her house, which leans on a poor foundation. It smells terrible, especially in the summer. The carpet has so many years of dirt, you literally can't see the carpet. There are holes in the floor under the carpet that I'm scared I might fall through one day. They don't turn on any lights, except for the room they're in, and all the windows are covered, so it's dark until you get there. But I've never seen a single bug, and she pays like clockwork. I try not to go at mealtime, though. Scared she might offer to share!

But like I said, she's the exception. Most of my clients keep a tidy house. I do think about my clothes getting ruined because a lot of them babysit grandchildren that apparently think I look like Santa Claus and want to climb on me. So peanut butter and jelly stains are a common hazard. Also, they often have little dogs who think I look friendly (I am). But if their nails aren't trimmed, they can mess up a nice pair of pants. I spend 80% of my time in the "ghetto", so it may seem strange that I don't encounter more nasty houses. But even though I have a lot of low income clients, they usually have high self respect.

People are people no matter where you find them or in what condition. I have great admiration for an agent who respects his clients. :)

I have been meaning to ask. How often do you guys _really_ run into cat pee, dog crap, hoarders, fleas, roaches and funky smells.

To be honest, perhaps more than we even realize. If you work hard and are moving, some days are a blur and you just chug along.

I do enjoy the people that often me. Today, for example, I had the privilege of meeting a guy who used to smoke a pipe (Captain Black) who spent his career teaching sex ed to mentally challenge children. Yea, you did read that correctly. He was a blast and we enjoyed each other... it helped that both he and his wife bought.

I would like to inform Hoosier that I did not see any bed bugs today... but that doesn't mean they weren't there.:yes:

People are people no matter where you find them or in what condition. I have great admiration for an agent who respects his clients. :)

To be honest, perhaps more than we even realize. If you work hard and are moving, some days are a blur and you just chug along.

I do enjoy the people that often me. Today, for example, I had the privilege of meeting a guy who used to smoke a pipe (Captain Black) who spent his career teaching sex ed to mentally challenge children. Yea, you did read that correctly. He was a blast and we enjoyed each other... it helped that both he and his wife bought.

I would like to inform Hoosier that I did not see any bed bugs today... but that doesn't mean they weren't there.:yes:

So did you learn anything? :laugh:

Latest posts

Back