Is this the Perfect Hybrid Policy?

If you have an impaired risk situation to discuss, I am sure they will speak with you, if necessary.

The underwriters do not speak with agents as a policy.

Hence the "express quote", 4 hour response. Back and forth.

Talk to your regional vice president about your needs.

Been there done that.

They have told me they are easier than traditional LTC.

I ask where ?

They say they don't know, but many agents are happy.

Many FMO's I have talked to say they have had bad experiences with underwriting. Not sure if true or not.

I feel they are playing their underwriting cards close to their vest.

I hope others have better experiences than me.

The underwriters do not speak with agents as a policy.

Hence the "express quote", 4 hour response. Back and forth.

Been there done that.

They have told me they are easier than traditional LTC.

I ask where ?

They say they don't know, but many agents are happy.

Many FMO's I have talked to say they have had bad experiences with underwriting. Not sure if true or not.

I feel they are playing their underwriting cards close to their vest.

I hope others have better experiences than me.

I have placed some big cases with State Life with applicants that were declined by traditional underwriters, as well as MG and TLC. I have also received table rated offers. Most importantly, Steve, I have yet to be surprised by its underwriting. I really like working with State Life.

I have placed some big cases with State Life with applicants that were declined by traditional underwriters, as well as MG and TLC. I have also received table rated offers. Most importantly, Steve, I have yet to be surprised by its underwriting. I really like working with State Life.

Thanks for sharing that!

How do you get around the:

"Have never been declined for life, disability or long-term care insurance " ?

That is a condition to not be able to apply with asset care, according to the underwriting guide I have.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing that!

How do you get around the:

"Have never been declined for life, disability or long-term care insurance " ?

That is a condition to not be able to apply with asset care, according to the underwriting guide I have.

no where in the state life uwg does it say that someone who was previously declined for life, di or ltci is uninsurable. not sure what you're looking at, but it's definitely not the state life ac uwg.

no where in the state life uwg does it say that someone who was previously declined for life, di or ltci is uninsurable. not sure what you're looking at, but it's definitely not the state life ac uwg.

Granted, this is from a 2011 guide, not sure if it is current, if not please post the current underwriting info you have that refutes this ?

I would post a link to a PDF, but not sure how right now.

It says:

Asset-Care ExpressUW™ underwriting
Asset-Care ExpressUW is an expedited underwriting process that replaces other, more time consuming
underwriting requirements with an applicant phone interview. It can allow you to obtain underwriting decisions

in as little as 6-9 days. As part of the ExpressUW process, applicants must:

• Be knowledgeable about their health and able to answer questions regarding their physicians, conditions
and medications via a phone interview without assistance.
• See their doctor regularly, at least yearly.
Have never been declined for life, disability or long-term care insurance.

Within 72 hours of receipt of the application in the home office, the Asset-Care applicant will be contacted to
conduct a phone interview. This phone interview will gather important and detailed health information from the
applicant and be used as the source of information for an underwriting decision. It is important that the applicant
be aware of the purpose of the call and prepared for it. In the following pages you will find tools to help your
applicant prepare in advance of the interview.
If for any reason your client is unable to complete the phone interview, State Life will contact you with other
underwriting options to collect additional medical information.
To get started, please review the step-by-step Asset-Care Submission and Underwriting Process instructions on
the following page.

Granted, this is from a 2011 guide, not sure if it is current, if not please post the current underwriting info you have that refutes this ?

It says:

Asset-Care ExpressUW is an expedited underwriting process that replaces other, more time consuming
underwriting requirements with an applicant phone interview. It can allow you to obtain underwriting decisions

• Be knowledgeable about their health and able to answer questions regarding their physicians, conditions

Within 72 hours of receipt of the application in the home office, the Asset-Care applicant will be contacted to
conduct a phone interview. This phone interview will gather important and detailed health information from the
applicant and be used as the source of information for an underwriting decision. It is important that the applicant
be aware of the purpose of the call and prepared for it. In the following pages you will find tools to help your
If for any reason your client is unable to complete the phone interview, State Life will contact you with other
To get started, please review the step-by-step Asset-Care Submission and Underwriting Process instructions on
the following page.

Mass Mutual actually has a rule about previously declined apps, but simply grants exceptions if you ask. My advice is just to always contact underwriting if you feel your client should be an insurable risk.

Mass Mutual actually has a rule about previously declined apps, but simply grants exceptions if you ask.

You mean state life ?

Or did you mean Mass ?

My advice is just to always contact underwriting if you feel your client should be an insurable risk.

I agree.

However if they say don't apply if declined before, I don't apply.

Now, if they grant exceptions, maybe different.

I have personally asked them this, and they told me no exceptions.

Maybe they don't like me.

It says:

the following page.

Steve,

The EXPRESS underwriting is not available for someone who has been previously declined.

STANDARD underwriting is still available for someone who has been previously declined.

Make sense?

sao

Steve,

The EXPRESS underwriting is not available for someone who has been previously declined.

STANDARD underwriting is still available for someone who has been previously declined.

Make sense?

sao

This is interesting.

I did not know there was a standard underwriting. I was thinking express was all that was available.

I need to call them again and get the distinction between the two.

Thanks!

Back