It is a Sad Day when Compliance...

G.Gordon

Guru
1000 Post Club
Missouri
... makes you second guess a possible gift from a carrier.

I get this email from <carrier>:

Can you take this home visit?

Name
Adress
Date/time

No phone, etc... and no full first name.

Compliance makes me wonder is the carrier putting me on the block for a secret shopper event or even in-house quality control?

Typically we are 100% referral or walk in for new MA or PDP clients. And for the new referrals the first thing we check is a name or source of the referral... "Who sent you"?

Name
Adress
Date/time

Compliance makes me wonder is the carrier putting me on the block for a secret shopper event or even in-house quality control?

Typically we are 100% referral or walk in for new MA or PDP clients. And for the new referrals the first thing we check is a name or source of the referral... "Who sent you"?

No thank you we can't. :)

I don't work in the MA or Part-D market because there aren't any MAs in my area anymore that I particularly like and liability for Part-D is too high. I now send inquiries to another agent who does MA/PDP (same as I do with HIPPA inquiries.)

Curious. If someone calls your office and says she wants to ask some questions about Medicare I know you can talk about Med Supps but are you allowed to talk to her about MA/PDP on the phone without a SOA filled out 24 hours previous?

I don't work in the MA or Part-D market because there aren't any MAs in my area anymore that I particularly like and liability for Part-D is too high. I now send inquiries to another agent who does MA/PDP (same as I do with HIPPA inquiries.)

Curious. If someone calls your office and says she wants to ask some questions about Medicare I know you can talk about Med Supps but are you allowed to talk to her about MA/PDP on the phone without a SOA filled out 24 hours previous?

That is totally asinine! Only a bureaucrat would dream up a rule like that.

Yes... they are seeking out the info and you are permitted to answer their questions, and when feasible (upon f2f meeting) you would get the SOA signed. 'per Anthem SAS'

Name
Adress
Date/time

Had something similar a few years ago. Had a voice mail on my home phone (first red flag) from a man who said he got my name and number from the carrier. I called him back and while talking with him I got the distinct impression I was being secret shopped. He wanted to meet with me and I told him that unfortunately my schedule was booked and he should call the company back and ask them to either send him the information or to another agent. He started stuttering and stammering a bit about really needing to meet with me. That's when I knew he was secret shopping me.

If it's not a referral from an existing client, I'm not taking it. Think about it, ALL the carriers will gladly enroll someone over the phone and not have to pay the agent a commission. There is no reason they would send them to an agent in the field. If you want to waste your time on an appointment where you are guaranteed not to make the sell, then take a lead from a carrier.

Exactly what I was thinking, sman. And this carrier has their "captive" agents to deal with... why kick a possible sale to an independent? This late into AEP I'm sure they are not flush with leads they just can't get to.

I'm passing on the offer... it smells funny.

Exactly what I was thinking, sman. And this carrier has their "captive" agents to deal with... why kick a possible sale to an independent? This late into AEP I'm sure they are not flush with leads they just can't get to.

I'm passing on the offer... it smells funny.

Where does the person live? I may check this one out, for you, if it's a reasonable distance.

Good thought, but there is this disclaimer at the bottom of the email...

"... The information contained in this transmission is confidential, proprietary or privileged.... "

So any recon will have to be done by self.

Had something similar a few years ago. Had a voice mail on my home phone (first red flag) from a man who said he got my name and number from the carrier. I called him back and while talking with him I got the distinct impression I was being secret shopped. He wanted to meet with me and I told him that unfortunately my schedule was booked and he should call the company back and ask them to either send him the information or to another agent. He started stuttering and stammering a bit about really needing to meet with me. That's when I knew he was secret shopping me.

If it's not a referral from an existing client, I'm not taking it. Think about it, ALL the carriers will gladly enroll someone over the phone and not have to pay the agent a commission. There is no reason they would send them to an agent in the field. If you want to waste your time on an appointment where you are guaranteed not to make the sell, then take a lead from a carrier.

Last selling season I had 4 calls on my voice mail that I returned. They wanted me to come out and ask me about a specific company. This was prior to the Nov. 15 enrollment date. I explained that I would have to mail them a scope form and have them return it to me for a specific appointment date on or After 11/15. They wanted the plan NOW. I mailed the form and called on the date of the appointment and they informed that someone had already come by and taken care of it for them.

So I was either secret shopped or simply out hustled. Regardless this year I have only dealt with current clients that need changes or referrals from those clients. CMS has put a bulls eye on our backs and the companies are helping pull the trigger.

Back