It looks like Equita is in the Mortgage protection business as well as fe.

Please forward the info to me. I can not PM you as I don't have enough posts.

Anyone who wants to be in the Mortgage Protection business can shoot me a PM and I'll connect you up with a friend of mine that is as of today still effectively running a MP program.

Equita is twice the opportunity that NAA is but still falls far short of what agent needs to maximize their success.

Good way to look at. Theres no right or wrong it comes down to what works best for each agent. There needs to be some support system/marketing in place for the new agent...but once you have the bankroll and experience being on your own prob makes more sense IF you have trustworthy mailhouses and lead companies to work with.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I also should add that Equita has gotten positive feedback from those ive spoke to who are active with them.

Last edited:
If any of you are looking for help, then I'm here for you. I have a ton of marketing ideas that I'm willing to share with you. Also if you email me, I will forward you about 10 audio files, of some of my prospecting ideas. You can also do a search on some of my threads that I've posted, with my ideas or selling systems.

I can also help agents with great contracts with my companies. Just check out my website for more info. But you do not have to join with any of my companies to get my help. I will help anyone with idea and selling systems.

Mark for new agents making the transition from the IMO buying leads type of program to higher contracts, independent agent role what do you suggest as the max to pay for mail drops (per 1000)...i think the unknowns of your own mail drops and what the true cost per lead (and response rate) will be can be a little tough...what are your thoughts on pricings for those making the "jump"

Thanks and we all appreciate your insight on here!

Mark for new agents making the transition from the IMO buying leads type of program to higher contracts, independent agent role what do you suggest as the max to pay for mail drops (per 1000)...i think the unknowns of your own mail drops and what the true cost per lead (and response rate) will be can be a little tough...what are your thoughts on pricings for those making the "jump"

Thanks and we all appreciate your insight on here!

I would not do a mail drop right now. Dec. is also the slowest time of the year for sales. Wait until next month to do a direct mailing if you are going to do them. The response rate really depends on who you are mailing and what you are mailing to them. I would hope to always get at least a 1% response from anything that I do, or I would not do the same thing again. When talking about a direct mailing.

Rosenthal Financial Services, LLC. <-- This is a free system that I think you should try.

http://www.rosenthalfinancialservices.com/_downloadz/sample_FreeLivingWillLetter.pdf <-- This would be a great direct mailer. (Special thanks to Tony Jackson for helping me with this)

Make sure you get referrals when you are finish making a sale. The living will idea that I just gave you will show you how to line up another sale.

You can use the free living will system, without spending money. I could spend an hour talking about it, but just check out that link.

I can tell you that I got over a 12% response from the door hangers. I got 10,000 for $299 from doorhangers.com . But it really matters what you have on the door hanger.

I personally don't do just one thing or sysytem. I do a little bit of everything. I do a lot of niche marketing. I know who I am going after. I don't use the shotgun and hope I get something. I use my sniper rifle. I know who I'm going after. I also try and use a net, not a fishing pole. I want to make a couple sales at a time, instead of making one at a time.

The trick is if you will help the client and do what is best for them, then it will come back in the long run and pay off well for you.

Last edited:
Was discussing Mag's post with my friend thinking about contracting options, etc. and I failed to remember one HUGE issue with Equita. I would first like to apologize for missing this in my initial post in which I said they "fall short in a couple of areas."

It's not quite as simple as that. They do fall short in to me what is the biggest of issues which is also a HOT topic on this board...releases and/or lack there of. Being contracted with Equita means that you are married to Americo via Equita. You may have one way out and that would be to pay in cash for all of the money you were advanced and then you might get a release. That in and of itself is not that far from the norm on a product with the amount of fallout as a MP product however the next fact blew my mind when I saw it happen.

Equita has the ability to and will exercise at their discretion the option of blocking and/or reversing contracting with carriers that the agent did not have prior to contracting with Equita. This is due to what I would call side agreements between IMO's to expressly not allow the contracting of their agents and/or to reverse such contacts if they are then found out.

I know some will say that can't happen. I can only say yes they can, have and will.

Again, not meant to be a bash of any type, just the facts.
Win,
I don't have enough posts yet either. Could you PM me with the info on your buddy?

Win, me too. I just emailed you though.

Mortgage rates are dropping like a rock. I'm thinking of getting into running mortgages again and offering the MP as well.

Win,
I don't have enough posts yet either. Could you PM me with the info on your buddy?

Mark,
I haven't dug into your site yet but so far looks like lots of good info. Thanks

DDELP: "what do you suggest as the max to pay for mail drops?"

I do my own mailings for MP. Printing prices vary so shop around. I pay 48.5 cents per piece. Here's the breakdown:

12.5 cents for a postcard (4x6), #9 envelop, printing, stuffing the postcard into the envelop, sorting it by carrier route for bulk mail and taking it to the post office.

24 cents for postage.

12 cents for each record on the list (I pay 4 cents because I am grandfathered in) Plus, there is the cost of the records which will run @ 12 cents.

Lead response will range between .5% to 1% depending on your area.

Subscribe to a company that can give you phone numbers with DOB and that will help with reply cards with no phone numbers. I use USA-People-Search.com.

Good luck.

Has anyone ever experimented with handwritten envelopes and 1st class postage for mail drops? Costs about .20 more than what Mickey is suggesting but I have to think it would improve on the less than 1% reponse. Haven't started a drop yet but I plan to next week.

Back