• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

It's happening, doctor opting out of Medicare

Don't be so sure. I regret telling my clients a year ago to not expect the $6 mo pdp option to go lower in 24'. Oops. Here is your $0 WCV pdp. This year, I felt more confident stating it won't go lower.
I suppose there are worse things than having your customers premiums come in lower than expected 🙂

I suspect that WC is taking on a lot of bad debt with the WCV pdp to gain market share. I hope I'm wrong though

I met a gentlemen that lives just South of the Villages in FL yesterday while in Vegas. He has his VA, A and B, along with a Cigna Med Sup that he pays around 155/month for. Told him about the Aetna MA plan in my area with a 75.00 giveback. He was very interested so I told him to check on plans down there. Do you know who has the best MA for VA people in that area?

I guess it depends if it’s solely for a Part B refund or if he wants a plan with a good doctor network.

Personally, I would check out the UHC villages plan. Great benefits but no part b refund. Many doctors there don’t accept OM but only UHC MAPD.

Biggest part B refunds would be with humana, Careplus, freedom, devoted. Humana has a $164.90 PPO refund.

I guess it depends if it’s solely for a Part B refund or if he wants a plan with a good doctor network.

Personally, I would check out the UHC villages plan. Great benefits but no part b refund. Many doctors there don’t accept OM but only UHC MAPD.

Biggest part B refunds would be with humana, Careplus, freedom, devoted. Humana has a $164.90 PPO refund.
Thank you. He said he lives just south of the Villages so could be different zip code/County even I suppose. I told him to go on Medicare.gov and do the find a plan to see what all is available. He kept saying I’m way over insured. I didn’t disagree with him. Says he uses the VA for everything.

Thank you. He said he lives just south of the Villages so could be different zip code/County even I suppose. I told him to go on Medicare.gov and do the find a plan to see what all is available. He kept saying I’m way over insured. I didn’t disagree with him. Says he uses the VA for everything.
It's probably Sumter County, I'm about a 30 minute drive from him.
To do a proper analysis, we would need more info, doctors, Rx etc..
But if he literally just looking to rid of the Pt B premium he could just cancel Part B and only use the VA, or there are several MAPDs that refund it as well Humana, Careplus, Freedom/Optimum come to mind.
If your licensed in Florida, I can help you with the research send me a pm.
If you're looking to refer, I still do stuff the old fashioned way F2F

Back