It's Official, I've Reached 1000 Active Medsupps!

Just curious, what type of leads do you like most? I'm guessing you built this business off of leads you generated online as your website shows you have experience in that arena!

I have been a member on this forum almost since my first day in the Medicare business and I attribute much of my success to the things that I learned here. Starting in 2008 I put in 5 years as a captive agent and went independent in 2013. Since then my production has doubled and now at 35 yrs of age with 1k med supps on the books I find myself wondering... whats next? Shoot for 2k? Semi retire and just work my existing book for cross sales? I wonder how long we all have left to make money in this business. Maybe now is the time to sell my book and get out!

I'm open to sage advice and sarcastic assholery... Discuss.:biggrin:

congratulations!

Keep working it!

Cross Sales and Referrals from book of business sounds about right

Who were you captive with?

Congrats on 1,000! That's quite impressive. I'm probably around 600 med supps myself. I've been in the business 10 years (I'm 30 years old) but the last 3 years or so I've been producing a lot more than the previous 7.

Do you guys really believe the market is going away? I can't imagine there not being money to be made for us one way or another.

I think its great to see agents work hard, put in their time and succeed. Far too many posers running around out there. Congratulations!

I don't do much Med Supp. That's a very small segment of my business. But I would like to do more. I know its pretty vanilla but can someone give me just a few of their top carriers they like to partner with and why?

I tried to work with MOO but they didn't want me because I don't do enough business for them?

Customer service is the most important thing to me. Some companies seem to have better technology than others as well. So that is a plus too.

Any feedback would be very helpful.

I think its great to see agents work hard, put in their time and succeed. Far too many posers running around out there. Congratulations!

I don't do much Med Supp. That's a very small segment of my business. But I would like to do more. I know its pretty vanilla but can someone give me just a few of their top carriers they like to partner with and why?

I tried to work with MOO but they didn't want me because I don't do enough business for them?

Customer service is the most important thing to me. Some companies seem to have better technology than others as well. So that is a plus too.

Any feedback would be very helpful.

That was a blessing in diguise!:yes:

Do you guys really believe the market is going away? I can't imagine there not being money to be made for us one way or another.

I wouldn't suggest wasting any serious mental energy to this whatsoever at this point. Take any "worry" time and convert it into selling time.

Though I wouldn't go building any luxurious lifestyle around just your Med supp business either. Put the hammer down and keep working your butt off in this incredible niche while becoming a great investor with your Med supp profits.

If the industry goes away in 5-10 years you'll be the one easily making other things happen, instead of many who will be saying "What Happened??"

Do you guys really believe the market is going away?

That (IFP) train has left the station.

Customer service is the most important thing to me.

That is a non-issue with Medigap carriers. Unless you want to weigh in on the application submission process.

Back