• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Joe Namath, Go Medicare and Etc - Thoughts?

From a guy that sold pantyhose what do you expect? Surely shilling MA is a step up... :twitchy:

Broadway Joe was an icon even 10 years after one of the greatest upsets in Super Bowl history. He could have sold girdles and no one would have batted an eye. The main gist of my post and I even said so was "what was most interesting to me" was the commercial itself and how they had Namath change the inflection in his voice the second go round.

I don't worry about it, personally.

We don't have a great giveback plan that I know of that's right for most people (think VA giveback.)

Someone else for MI might know better, but in NMI doesn't that I know of..

I don't worry about it, personally.

We don't have a great giveback plan that I know of that's right for most people (think VA giveback.)

Someone else for MI might know better, but in NMI doesn't that I know of..

Givebacks or only for the people who either don't care about networks and red tape or for those that don't mind high copays

WIth givebacks I have seen are either one of the 2

Actually there is another situation is the prospect that is not needing drug cov either because of penalty or VA there are some decent no PDP MA only plans with some give back usually $50 or less though

The commercial is completely disingenuous, and actually shouldn’t even be able to be aired. Just my opinion.

I offer both supplements and MAPD’s. In some areas/cities/states, MAPD’s are amazing (like where I live). In others, they’re just “eh.” It’s largely dependent upon where a person is. That’s why these national blanket commercials are so disingenuous.

In my geographic location, the wiser choice is usually an MAPD, because the MOOP’s are so low, and a Supplement can be obtained at anytime by one of the carriers that does no underwriting, but that’s just my area, not the whole country.

When deciding if someone should go with an MAPD or Supplement, there are a ton of factors that need to be weighed....not even just medically. A person’s financial situation is also extremely important.

Still not sure how regulators thought this was okay to air.

Givebacks or only for the people who either don't care about networks and red tape or for those that don't mind high copays

WIth givebacks I have seen are either one of the 2

Actually there is another situation is the prospect that is not needing drug cov either because of penalty or VA there are some decent no PDP MA only plans with some give back usually $50 or less though

I've used one of our VA MA-only plans for several people who are adamant that they will never take meds and already have several years worth of penalty. Its important to explain to them that the penalty will grow the longer they are without coverage and we can either stop it now by enrolling them in something with Part D or they can continue on and at least add other benefits.

I've used one of our VA MA-only plans for several people who are adamant that they will never take meds and already have several years worth of penalty. Its important to explain to them that the penalty will grow the longer they are without coverage and we can either stop it now by enrolling them in something with Part D or they can continue on and at least add other benefits.

Of course I do, once someone is paying more then $5 penalty they generally wont consider unless something is wrong

I got a call from a lead that had used the tv ad from last year. The rep that wrote her had given the client her phone number to call if she needed her. Client tried to call several times this AEP, left messages with no call back from the agent. Told her maybe the agent is no longer working in the Medicare field. Client indicated her voice mail indicated she was still in the market. Thinking maybe she can not contact leads she wrote up for a certain amount of time once she leaves or writes them up. Now the client is back to ground 0 with no agent helping her each and every year. I used that story this year quite a few times to my own clients to show that my services are a big value when I get back with them each and every year. Good story to pass on.

Back