Just imagine . . .

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
You are looking for health insurance and decide to look on the web. You find a site that looks friendly and offers to send you quotes on up to 20 plans in a matter of seconds. So you take the time to fill in the information and hit submit.

Instantly your phone starts to ring with someone pushing a product you never even heard of. While you are talking to the salesman, your phone continues to beep with others calling to pitch their wares.

The person who is talking to you quotes you a rate that sounds good, takes some nominal information including your credit card. You spend maybe 10 minutes on the phone with him then a short while later an email arrives with a link. You are to fill out the application by yourself, submit, then wait.

The salesman never calls back to answer any questions.

Two weeks later the policy arrives with a rate that is higher than quoted and some conditions are not going to be covered.

The agent who sold you the plan is on to someone else and doesn't have time for you. He is paid an hourly wage plus a bonus for every app that is submitted regardless of whether it is issued or not, or whether it sticks or not.

This is the world of the boiler room sales pitch.

Next!!

then I come in or before the others and talk to them about 45 min's gathering info and emailing rates from five co's they have heard of and tell them that their name was sold to 4 other agents ,discount health people and green switchboard operators trying to sell you the cheapest plan in the area....and instead of selling you a health plan I am here to apply to be your health insurance broker for now and 10 years down the road....who do you want to hire to take care of your insurance needs...and the best thing is the insurance co's pay me to keep you happy....that is your prem. stays reasonable and you claims get paid....because my philosophy is it is better to keep a client happy rather than find a new client to replace one that leaves....

Back when I used to buy leads I told my clients "whoever you end up choosing to be your agent make sure you ask these questions:"

*Are there any limitations on outpatient surgery
*Are there any limitations on prescriptions
*Are there any limitations on labwork
*Is this a major medical health insurance plan

Then after you get the answer don't sign up with anything until you read the brochure and compare it with the answers you got.

Somarco,

Those people are "order takers", it is a real stretch for them to refer to themselves as agents.

We, the real agents, are the ones who take the brunt of the criticism for people who use those tactics. We are automatically lumped into the group of, "yea, I got screwed by an insurance agent also".

The most difficult part of selling insurance is that you have to follow the "agent" who preceded you.

I've never seen a more unregulated industry than insurance. Anyone can get an insurance license out of a box of Cracker Jacks and start selling tomorrow with no training or moderation. Sell a crap plan? The DOI and courts will say "sorry - you had a 10 day free look and should have known better." These companies can design any **** plan they want with holes the size of the grand canyon and it's fine.

I come in after the dust settles. When they hit reply I have an autoresponder that immediately sends out a personalized email explaining what is about to happen (your phone will ring off the hook) and how folks are going to be hitting you hard to buy now. About half the calls will be from folks who are not licensed and are offering products that are not insurance.

Over the next few days they get a series of emails, educating them about alternative plans, things to watch out for and things to consider. They also get a health risk analysis based on the data submitted advising them where they will have problems getting coverage and if they are candidates for rejection.

I monitor each outgoing email to see who bothers to open them and who does not. The ones who take the time to open & read the email are my top prospects. A few will even click thru to some of my websites and run proposals.

Most of them end up chasing me, not the other way around. A few even cancel the coverage they bought from a quote mill and take out a policy with me.

when I have my leads turned on.....the rest are chasing me in most case's.....if I have one on the line that is going long I click over and cut incoming leads off...after I am done I have nailed the back door shut....as it should be.....

I come in after the dust settles. When they hit reply I have an autoresponder that immediately sends out a personalized email explaining what is about to happen (your phone will ring off the hook) and how folks are going to be hitting you hard to buy now. About half the calls will be from folks who are not licensed and are offering products that are not insurance.

Over the next few days they get a series of emails, educating them about alternative plans, things to watch out for and things to consider. They also get a health risk analysis based on the data submitted advising them where they will have problems getting coverage and if they are candidates for rejection.

I monitor each outgoing email to see who bothers to open them and who does not. The ones who take the time to open & read the email are my top prospects. A few will even click thru to some of my websites and run proposals.

Most of them end up chasing me, not the other way around. A few even cancel the coverage they bought from a quote mill and take out a policy with me.

Is this autoresponder your reference in regard to your website because it is unclear if you are talking about shared leads or leads you generate from your website.

-J.R.

Not really grabbing the concept of $8 for a shared lead when you can pay the same amount for an exclusive lead from a small biz owner. But to each his own.

Back