Just Passed Exam Now Looking for an MGA

I strongly recommend you contact Luke on the forum I hear he has excellent contracts and superior training ...if you need any.

Keep in mind, not all clients would want to take a chance on the med policy so they would be paying a higher premium instead.

I suggest you start by determining the real reason people don't want to do the exam for life insurance, and it isn't the one you gave.

Hi,

I started my own life and health insurance agency a few months ago. I found a MGA who gave me 90% commission on most 30 year level term policies and a free online marketing tool.

When I signed up with them I hoped that they would be also my knowledge base because I'm fairly new in life insurance world.

Unfortunately I'm very disappointed because the guy who is my rep he always seems to be guessing and he's already given me a few wrong answers to fairly simple questions.

Fortunately there is this forum where there are a lot of experienced agents who are willing to help. There are some that would cancel your license because you dare not know everything but they are a minority.

Conclusion: Find a MGA who not only give you a good commission but can help you answer your questions.

Most GAs will offer contracts and little more. They will recommend solutions based upon the companies they work with.

You might consider looking into an association that can give you unbiased information and aid you in finding the best contracts.

Rick

I'd absolutely advocate joining IHIAA and ILIAA. Nick and Rick are immensely helpful, as is John. You also get discounts on services, and a lot of access to training videos with either one.

I don't need as much support as I did when I first started, but I don't think I'd ever cancel my sub to either one of them. Well worth the 15 bucks.

Newagent70, first of all congrats, having originated morts. sold re I really think that you need to get away from the idea that you have a built in client base. In order to do the right thing by these clients in most cases will involve underwriting, parameds etc. You're not going to hold up any re closing waiting on approval for an insurance policy. Good luck with it, go for um after the closing, unless you feel good about putting everybody in non med fast issue products.

This is a general question relating to the original question. Why not just go without a MGA?

I know the obvious answer is to say, the MGA will help you with many of the elementary questions I've asked on here...judging by some of the comments it seems like one also risks giving up revenue to a resource that isn't helpful? What about going it alone and then later aligning with a MGA if need be?

Last edited:
Back