Just Passed My AHIP (98%)

I'm pretty sure most of my companies pay right away during AEP. PUP just sent me an email saying they will pay weekly starting Oct 15.

Midlevel- your theory doesn't make much sense. If you get paid this year, yes you are taxed for 2012. But guess what? That means you weren't paid in Jan and Feb of this year. So it all works out EXACTLY the same

I know, but last years AEP was about triple what I expected so I was hoping some would go on this year's income but it didn't. I hear what you are saying but I wasn't expecting $35,000 income in that 7 week period before the end of the year. I hadn't paid enough estimates for that.

I know, but last years AEP was about triple what I expected so I was hoping some would go on this year's income but it didn't. I hear what you are saying but I wasn't expecting $35,000 income in that 7 week period before the end of the year. I hadn't paid enough estimates for that.

You should write for Anthem then. They spread it out over 4-5 years. You never know when you will get your commission...

:yes::D:yes::D:yes::D:yes::cool:
Wasn't sure what to expect after just passing my licensing exam which was a bugger of a test. :skeptical:

When I found out you had to have a 90 I about flipped. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be.:laugh:

Congratulations on passing your test and welcome to the senior BIZ!!

I know you didn't ask for my advice, but be very careful when offering Medicare Advantage plans. Don't fall into a trap of thinking that since you will sell a bunch of Medicare Advantage plans that the insurance business comes that easily because it doesn't. Many people make a great living offering these and you may too but continue to learn other products as well. When the Medicare Advantage faucet get's turned off you'll need something to do for the remaining months of the year.

Remember, ANYBODY can sell insurance to people who are uninsurable otherwise, and feel that you are offering them their ONLY option. A lot of these MA people buy an MA simply because they don't qualify for a Medicare Supplement, are disabled and under 65, etc.

GOOD LUCK AND MAKE LOT'S OF MONEY!!!

Last edited:
Congratulations on passing your test and welcome to the senior BIZ!!

I know you didn't ask for my advice, but be very careful when offering Medicare Advantage plans. Don't fall into a trap of thinking that since you will sell a bunch of Medicare Advantage plans that the insurance business comes that easily because it doesn't. Many people make a great living offering these and you may too but continue to learn other products as well. When the Medicare Advantage faucet get's turned off you'll need something to do for the remaining months of the year.

Remember, ANYBODY can sell insurance to people who are uninsurable otherwise, and feel that you are offering them their ONLY option. A lot of these MA people buy an MA simply because they don't qualify for a Medicare Supplement, are disabled and under 65, etc.

GOOD LUCK AND MAKE LOT'S OF MONEY!!!

Thank you. I will always except advice. As to just selling MA's, I plan on working the Medsup side hard along with FE and life during the MA off season.

Thanks
Jim

Last edited:
Back