Keeping Track of Calls

If you’re an insurance agent. Everything else is second rate compared to this

Huh? How come there are tens of thousands of agents who don't use this software? You are saying they are using a system that for them is somehow not as good as YIO?

I rather doubt that.

There is no perfect system and if there was, YIO would be far from it. If YIO was the "gold standard" of insurance office systems, there probably would not be so many others out there.

YIO might be perfect for you, but for the vast majority of agents out there, it obviously isn't... since they don't use it.

If all you want to do is keep track of calls just about any simple database will do that for you... even 3x5 cards.

Huh? How come there are tens of thousands of agents who don't use this software? You are saying they are using a system that for them is somehow not as good as YIO?

I rather doubt that.

There is no perfect system and if there was, YIO would be far from it. If YIO was the "gold standard" of insurance office systems, there probably would not be so many others out there.

YIO might be perfect for you, but for the vast majority of agents out there, it obviously isn't... since they don't use it.

If all you want to do is keep track of calls just about any simple database will do that for you... even 3x5 cards.

Maybe because Frank doesn't spend the big bucks to advertise it. Have you used it Al? Have you even tried the demo? Oh, and it works great for other businesses too, not just insurance. And what was that Frank was telling me...oh, that the program is being used in about 14 different country's now.

"YIO might be perfect for you, but for the vast majority of agents out there, it obviously isn't... since they don't use it."

What a narrow-minded thing to say!

Maybe because Frank doesn't spend the big bucks to advertise it. Have you used it Al? Have you even tried the demo? Oh, and it works great for other businesses too, not just insurance. And what was that Frank was telling me...oh, that the program is being used in about 14 different country's now.

"YIO might be perfect for you, but for the vast majority of agents out there, it obviously isn't... since they don't use it."

What a narrow-minded thing to say!

Narrow-minded? Hardly. It is simply the truth. More agents don't use YIO than do use it. You can draw your own conclusion.

I'm sure that for some YIO works just fine. But lets face it, it's an old program on a less-than-secure database platform, and pales in comparison to the features in Salesforce, Sugar,CRM, Free CRM and a dozen other CRM applications, many of which are far less in cost.

Did Frank hire you to be his fan-boy here? I'm glad YIO works for you, but why do you believe that it is the "perfect system" for everyone else... knowing as you must know that most agents in the industry do NOT use it?

Al

Ever notice that when someone mentions YIO as a great program, my good friend Al has to jump in and point out that he doesn't like it? But then, Al is right so I think at this point we should all agree that the only worthwhile CRM might be the one that Al likes.

I use YIO and think it's great but because of Al I stopped using it. Because he's always right.

Rick

Ever notice that when someone mentions YIO as a great program, my good friend Al has to jump in and point out that he doesn't like it? But then, Al is right so I think at this point we should all agree that the only worthwhile CRM might be the one that Al likes.

I use YIO and think it's great but because of Al I stopped using it. Because he's always right.

Rick

Have you ever noticed that whenever I post something, the "stalker" Rick comes and posts some inane drivel that neither makes much sense nor does anything to add to the dialectic.

In truth, it seems to be his desire that only his opinion should be allowed to be expressed in this venue.... not yours, mine, nor that of anyone else.

Rick uses YIO and he thinks it is great. If you believe that Rick is the agent you most want to emulate then by all means that is the system you too should use.

On the other hand if Rick is not exactly your role-model, perhaps you want to consider other alternatives.

The only one who seems to care... is Rick.

Al

Hi everybody,

I am cold calling the old school way by going b2b.

I'm wondering if any of you have any good examples on how you keep track of everything. Right now I spend a day or two each week finding niche markets, researching companies in those markets, jotting everything down on a legal pad (biz name, address, number, contact etc) and then making the call. I then jot down any information from each call in the small space I left. After weeks of this it's already starting to get out of control.

I'm realizing the little things like organization are a huge part to staying on top of your business. I'm able to remember everything now because every contact feels so significant but over time I know I'm going to get screwed up using this method.

Any suggestions and/or examples used on spreadsheets? Any example is much appreciated. Hopefully this will help others as well!

My first suggestion is to not try to manage spreadsheets. Find a good CRM system and you will be on your way.

Last edited:
Back