• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Keyword Research Idea

Aaron_4SIGHT

Guru
100+ Post Club
I saw this article yesterday on the "Keyword Funnel" yesterday and thought I'd share it. If you're looking to expand the keywords you go after but still attract relevant prospects, working through the keyword funnel is a great way to unlock a whole new range of keywords to target (and I bet you can find some good ones that aren't too competitive, have search volume, and are relevant).

Give it a read...

How to Use Funnels to Understand Searcher Intent

-Aaron

Thanks Aaron.

When are you going to post a video on this concept? It hurt my brain to read all that.

When are you going to post a video on this concept? It hurt my brain to read all that.

I'm taking a leave of absence from my video career :) , but I did a video on basically the same concept a year ago.

Basically, you can apply the same concept using the 10 "funnel stages" from the article to help you find related keywords. Here's a really quick sketch of an example (of course you'll want to think through each of the 10 steps better than I am here and come up with a list of keywords for each one that you'll then research):

1. Activity Funnel Relates To:
"Car Insurance"

2. Suspicion There May Be A Problem:
"Insuring My '57 Chevy"

3. Problem Identified
"Classic Car Insurance"

4. Looking for Solution Alternatives
"Classic Car Insurance Quotes"

5. Solution Space Has Been Chosen
"Safeco's Classic Car Insurance"

6. Complicating Issues
"Classic Car Insurance Low Annual Miles"

7. Researching a Specific Solution
"Classic Car Insurance Reviews"

8. Researching a Specific Brand
"Safeco Class Car Insurance Reviews"

9. Conversion Imminent
"Safeco Agent Classic Car Insurance"

10. Post Conversion
"Safeco Classic Car Insurance Claims"

Hope this helps!

Aaron

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you need to go after the small and low competion keywords and focus on your niche area you're trying to sell in.

I wouldn't go after the 8,000 searches a month but focus in on the 200 searches a month so you ranked faster and your being more specific on who you are targeting.

Great link to the blog article. My opinion is keyword research is important, but you also need to focus on geotargeting for your local neighborhood or city. Most agents aren't licensed in every state. But then again... if there was an over abundance of leads from any given state... I would start getting licensed in those states.

Back