Keywords Question

G

I was curious about similar keywords like "Insurance in California" and "Insurance California". When you look at Google's Adwords traffic estimator they come up with a different amount of search results. I wanted to know if the number of "Insurance in California" searches are also included in the " Insurance California" when using the exact match setting.

I want to know if it is worth it do SEO for both "Insurance in California" and "Insurance California" or just focus on "Insurance in California" because the search results will include "Insurance California"

*I am not really targeting these keywords I just want to know.

Last edited by a moderator:
fine same question but now I am targeting Nevada ;)

It's not my intention to sound snarky, but if you don't know the answer to that question your "SEO" work probably isn't going to amount to a hill of beans.

To put it another way, it's like you're saying that you're going to rebuild your transmission then asking where to find the transmission.

It seems like your fairly invested in making this work; it might not be a bad time to find a professional to help you get started in the right direction.

To answer your question, it really doesn't matter.

I have hired a company. I am simply asking for my own knowledge. Forget it Ill ask them tomorrow.

This forum needs a serious attitude adjustment.

I was curious about similar keywords like "Insurance in California" and "Insurance California". When you look at Google's Adwords traffic estimator they come up with a different amount of search results. I wanted to know if the number of "Insurance in California" searches are also included in the " Insurance California" when using the exact match setting.

I want to know if it is worth it do SEO for both "Insurance in California" and "Insurance California" or just focus on "Insurance in California" because the search results will include "Insurance California"

*I am not really targeting these keywords I just want to know.

1. Google Keyword Tool search volume is an algorithmic guess, not exact even when using exact match.

2. Your referring to partial match, you really don't need to target both variations as if u just worked on it, you will rank the other variation as well most times.

Josh said:
It's not my intention to sound snarky, but if you don't know the answer to that question your "SEO" work probably isn't going to amount to a hill of beans.

To put it another way, it's like you're saying that you're going to rebuild your transmission then asking where to find the transmission.

It seems like your fairly invested in making this work; it might not be a bad time to find a professional to help you get started in the right direction.

To answer your question, it really doesn't matter.

So now that he knows the answer to the question he should be an SEO expert?

I have hired a company. I am simply asking for my own knowledge. Forget it Ill ask them tomorrow.

This forum needs a serious attitude adjustment.

10:1 you're getting ripped off. Mind sharing the name of the company?

Why does this forum need an attitude change? I have you a very helpful answer to your question. Maybe you're being a touch on the sensitive side?

1. Google Keyword Tool search volume is an algorithmic guess, not exact even when using exact match.

2. Your referring to partial match, you really don't need to target both variations as if u just worked on it, you will rank the other variation as well most times.

Thanks. The reason i ask is because the actual google search results are very similar (same websites different order). I was looking at exact match results because i wanted to know if those results overlapped.

So for the purpose of estimating organic search volume traffic is it correct to say the results for "insurance california" and "insurance in california" are different?

technically yes if you select exact match the volume is being shown for just that keyword only.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Also, make sure u go after a lot of keywords, #1 pos in Google usually get's about 20-30% of the traffic from my experience

Last edited:
Back