Lead Company? Best Refund Policy??

I tried netquote THEY SUCK, any way I called and called the sales guy there he never returned my calls. At this point I was at about 400.00 worth of their leads, so I called and cancelled my credit card, the leads stopped when they tried to bill my card, but still no call. Then about a week later the leads started coming and coming, I just deleted them. Then they send me a bill for over 2500.00, I called the collection department and told them to get lost as I had called and cancelled long ago, now they are trying to sue me, has this ever happened to anyone?

Who was your rep? I just started using them, my reps name is Augustus. So far I've half the leads I've been getting are students working on a school project getting quotes on health insurance for a business plan. It totally threw up some flags when of the 9 individuals, 8 of them were under 21.

of the 9 individuals, 8 of them were under 21.

Filters are the key.

When I was buying leads I had age filters. No one under 28 or over 62.

Also had prior coverage filter. If they didn't have health insurance I had no desire to pay to talk to them.

Add in uninsurable, not pregnant, family coverage only and I got some decent leads with a good ROI.

Filters are the key.

When I was buying leads I had age filters. No one under 28 or over 62.

Also had prior coverage filter. If they didn't have health insurance I had no desire to pay to talk to them.

Add in uninsurable, not pregnant, family coverage only and I got some decent leads with a good ROI.

I'm doing group insurance, so I don't mind if they're young or in poor health. I was trying these out to compare them to the telemarketed leads we've been generating and wow, no contest. I'm sure that one experience with one internet lead company isn't the most accurate representation of how things go, but internet leads seem rough.

I think that internet leads for group are really bad.

The cost $14--shared (LeadsClearance.com) for a group of 2?

Now, let's say you closed 1:10 , that's $140 for a commission of $72? ($3 per member per month)

1:20 that's $240 for a $72 commission.

Obviously folks will say, what about Life/Disability/Dental...etc.

Well you can't count on those.

So you need to only take leads from larger group sizes.

Of course, with so many more options for a group plan vs an individual plan, I can only imagine the bs involved with fighting other group brokers over a shared internet group lead.

what kind of volume you got with those filters

Not a lot, but I didn't want a lot.

Going from memory I used mostly 4freequotes and HTQ. The volume with both was good and then dropped off. A few years ago I was getting maybe 2 - 3 per day from 4free and I think I had HTQ capped at 5.

Volume with 4free dropped to 2 - 3 per month and HTQ dropped to 0 - 3 per day and their credit policy tightened as well. Also had some crediting issues with 4free.

The ones I tried sucked big time.

------------

Now, let's say you closed 1:10 , that's $140 for a commission of $72? ($3 per member per month)

I have to agree with you about the leads being bad.

I do way better than $3pmpm on group, which does make it quite a bit more profitable, but still not a fan of groups of 2.

Yeah, looking at my BenefitMall commission schedule:

Down in Fl, groups of 2 or 3 are:

Aetna: 1% commission

Humana: $3pmpm

UHC: $3.15 pmpm

Seems only worth it for groups of 4 or more at least:

UHC: $32 pmpm

Humana: $41 pmpm

BX: $20-34 pmpm

Avmed: 8%

Aetna: 6%

Back