Lead Generating Companies

carlosb1694

This may sound like a very dumb question because looking through all the threads, I see that there are several complaints about several different lead generating companies. Nonetheless, which company do you guys recommend that I use to buy some leads? I'm new to the business and have tries National Agents Alliance, but quite frankly I cannot pay $40 dollars for a "in home exclusive lead" that is really sold to 2-3 agents at a time. I don't have too much money to invest into a lead generating company at the moment, but I do have $300 that I can put into it to start making some sales. Anyone have any advice on any good companies or any other method that I should use?

quite frankly I cannot pay $40 dollars for a "in home exclusive lead" that is really sold to 2-3 agents at a time.

the key word here is EXCLUSIVE.

a lead gen company can guarantee you exclusive leads. and the more reputable companies will only sell that lead to one agent up to a specified period of time.

But even the most honest and ethical lead gen companies can NOT guarantee that the lead is COMPLETELY EXCLUSIVE. They have no way of knowing whether or not that potential customer didn't shop around on other sites, and fill out multiple quote forms.

----------

if you're going to buy leads, I agree with pcb. buy the older ones for the reason I just mentioned.

You might also want to check out HometownQuotes.com.

The reality is that if you only have $300 you might want to wait until you can actually have some money and time to do it right or at least give yourself a better chance of success.

"I can't pay $40 for a lead". If the leads are at least below average and your closing skills are at least average you should be able to do 1/10 without much fuss which means that if you're doing more than $500 in premium (assuming street contracts) then you're breaking even, anything above that and you're ahead.

If you're with NAA you probably need to move your contracts to where you get actually get some decent margins on it. There are a few shops here that offer fixed lead programs where $28 (or so) is an exclusive lead and you're getting 100%+ contracts.

The reality is that if you only have $300 you might want to wait until you can actually have some money and time to do it right or at least give yourself a better chance of success.

"I can't pay $40 for a lead". If the leads are at least below average and your closing skills are at least average you should be able to do 1/10 without much fuss which means that if you're doing more than $500 in premium (assuming street contracts) then you're breaking even, anything above that and you're ahead.

If you're with NAA you probably need to move your contracts to where you get actually get some decent margins on it. There are a few shops here that offer fixed lead programs where $28 (or so) is an exclusive lead and you're getting 100%+ contracts.

I'll second the hometown recommendation. I have used them before and I'm about to start using them again once a few more policies issue. It's stretching your budget really thin with the numbers you're talking about and the leads aren't exclusive but they're also not completely abused either. It's been the best balance I can find.

It's going to take a bit of luck for that low volume to pay off but I've been in similar situations and it takes a bit of luck to get above it. The thing you want to be careful of is to not buy leads where they're likely to be shopping around/you not be competitive. In my experience that means sticking to rural areas that you don't have to spend a fortune on gas to get to. If you know you're 2x as much as most competitors on smoker rates, only buy non-tobacco. If your underwriting is picky, only buy leads with no major medical issues. If your rates are very credit-score dependent, only buy leads with good credit. That sort of thing. You'll get some that lie about these things but that's where a company with a good lead credit policy comes in handy. That and being able to throw enough money at it that when you get screwed with crap leads for a while you can ride it out till some good ones come along.

Curious....do you know the names of these imo's?

Thanks for the help, everyone. I put out the number $300 because it's what I'm what I can spend to get started, I do although understand that you have to invest hundreds, even thousands a month if you want to have a high production level. I said exclusive leads because the way I've seen it happen with NAA is that 1 brand new lead is sold to 3-4 agents at an "exclusive price" where they say that you are the only one getting it from their company, complete BS.

I've contacted hometownquotes to see if they are a good fit. I want to start selling life insurance over the phone, which would make it much easier on my schedule. Any suggestions on companies with LIVE transfers which contact the client for you and have some time of pre-qualification questions before they send over to you?

Back